Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

scent waffers

Old 10-17-2012, 04:55 AM
Spike

Default scent waffers

I was debating getting those scent waffers to store in my plastic container that holds all my clothes. I typically just use pine branches and leaves. Anyone use these or have used them and like them? Or maybe used and been busted by a deer?

Also baking soda to wash clothes - how much baking soda would you add to an average size load?

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

I do all that too. I like the fresh earth wafers. I use a normal laundry scoop size for my baking soda.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you are better off using the pine branches and leaves. If you keep your clothes smelling like the surroundings of the area you hunt, it seems obvious to me that it is a better option than something that is packaged.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the fresh earth scent waffers in my clothes storage container....your clothes will smell just like the ground your walking on......I think there great.....
Old 10-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Spike

and whats so great about the waffers is they last a long time ive had the same two waffers in my box now for three years and just as strong smelling as they were the first year
Old 10-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

I don't use the wafers, I use scent eliminating clothes soap, dryer sheets, take clothes out and put them in scent lok bags and then into a plastic tote. "Nothing" smells better than "something" anytime.. My dad uses the wafers and every time I walk near him that scent of them things is very powerful, yes they smell like the ground but I hunt in the tree. I am probably to conscious about it but I just like to be as scent free as possible. It works for my dad, whatever you have confidence in and works for you, keep doing it.. Shoot straight and have a good year of harvesting...
Old 10-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, what is a "waffer"?
Old 10-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best I can tell a "scent waffer" could be "one who puffs scented air"
Old 10-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by brewman555
I use the fresh earth scent waffers in my clothes storage container....your clothes will smell just like the ground your walking on......I think there great.....
I do the same thing.... Works great, and I even think they smell nice... Like fresh soil right after a spring rain storm.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

This thread just got girly......I'm outta here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.