Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Reason to be nervous?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt in Northern Wisconsin where our DNR has let the bear population get to an outrageous number and I see plenty of sign and plenty of bears. With that being said I don't worry none about the bears. I know it's easy to read and not so easy to not worry about it but don't. It's not a big deal. You will be fine as frog hair... Concentrate on the deer and not the bear.. Good luck hunting..
Old 10-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Spike

i recommend carrying a 44 mag revolver or a brush gun if needed, there is a reason alaskans fear black bears more than browns and thats because alot of black bears hunt humans for food. at least carry a can of bear spray but a gun is a million times better. but deer dont give a crap bout bears as long as there not staring them in the face
Old 10-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default With the internet. . .

it seems to be getting more dangerous. Can you imagine. A bear thinking it was in the wild, but was only in Massachusetts. I wonder what the Pilgrams did? Probably knew some Indians with bows and arrows.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Spike

Default Bear Country

You really dont need to worry. Bears are very skiddish and cannot stand to be around us.