Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Crazy Deer Movement Tonight.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default Crazy Deer Movement Tonight.

Not sure whats going on with these deer. Maybe it was the temperature staying warmer later or he farmer cutting his field, but these deer were crazy tonight.

I haven't seen any for two weeks, nothing, nada, not even on trail cameras. Tonight I had 2 bucks and a doe walk straight to my stand and I counted 6 more small bucks and does in the field.

All 3 deer by my stand walked up to me from downwind, and only the smaller button buck was suspicious of me (Maybe scent-lok really does work). The first buck was a nice 8 pointer which stepped right into my shooting lane but I couldn't get my right arm around my harness to pull my bow, I was very disappointed.

The funniest part were the deer in the soybean field. The farmer was out with his tractor harvesting his beans and he was actually chasing does. None of these deer came anywhere near my stand but I wouldn't have expected them to be out playing with the farmer out there. Is this season starting to turn around?
Old 10-14-2012, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

Deer will bed up in a bean field, the fact that the farmer was harvesting beans he was bumping them for you.