Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is this a common dirty trick?

Old 10-06-2012, 04:35 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Default Is this a common dirty trick?

Warning: If you are eating dinner right now, you might want to read this after you are done!

I was passing by my property tonight on the road and noticed a bag hanging about 25 or 30 feet in from the road. The bag was hanging from a stick. It was dark and looked like excrement. So I poked around at it with a stick and sure enough it was. Human excrement. Seems like it was there a while and I just now saw it maybe cause the leaves just came down. At any rate, I don't think it was someone with a beef against me since I really have no beefs with my neighbors. There are a few that related to my job some 45 minutes away that might want to do something, but still if they had wanted to make a statement, they would not put this in almost a concealed place, far from my house. In fact, it was closer to my neighbors house. I am wondering if it is a neighbor or someone hunting on his land trying to keep deer from going across the road onto my property.

Is this something that is commonly done?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Makes me think of Sling Blade! "Whatcha doin' with that lawnmower blade Carl"!

Maybe just a black bear answering the age old question"Does a bear sh*t in the woods"?
Nope! They bag it up neatly so the hobos can have a hot meal!
Ya' got me bud. There are more conventional ways to scare deer, but there are some freekin' wierdos out there!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it was a witch casting a spell,lol.Does sound weird.Are you sure it was human and not dog,I have seen people pick up there dogs dropping and maybe they threw it out the window into the woods.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

that is weird...i know some guys who will pee around someones stand if they get to close to there own. but never this...
Old 10-07-2012, 02:34 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Gave this gift a proper burial today. Was about 50 ft from the road. Does not smell like dog crap and too far in to be tossed from a car. And very close to my food plot. Really is looking like something from a hunter.

Kind of disturbing! I set this whole area up for my son, who is archery hunting for the first year. My son had one shot at one small deer, but the 3 or 4 deer that were in the area all summer disappeared about 3 weeks before the archery season began. Now, there is nothing in the plot.

Last edited by MZS; 10-07-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

Lots of jelous hunters out there... I would hide a trail cam and catch them if there messing with your plot.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Or worse could be an anti-hunter.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

we use a bucket with trash bags in the woods to do the deed....looks like someone just didnt want to make it to a dumpster.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

I'm sorry but this is a little funny to me.... I have heard of all kinds of things to scare deer off but crapping in a bag is certainly a new one to me... Who does something like that?!?