Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Few buck pictures, need your advice >

Few buck pictures, need your advice

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Few buck pictures, need your advice

Old 10-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Few buck pictures, need your advice

Hey, so I only uploaded these but have some other Danny's I may share. The one with palmation is pretty interesting, got him in velvet and out of it now.
The question is if the 2 second pics are of the same buck. They are close in time, only 2 min difference and the side shot shows he is heavy and big. But is he that wide as in the first pic?

Last edited by golfpro261; 10-04-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

Hard to say since the first of the last two pictures is blurry. My guess would be yes, they are the same buck. And a nice one at that!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree ... hard to tell, but I'd say yes ... same buck. And looking cliose this seems to be a rather young buck. Maybe 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 years.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone can feel free to correct me if im wrong, and i can barely tell because its at different angles and like said too blury, but i think the two are different? rack looks wider on the one on top? or is that just me? also the body looks bigger to me in the first picture
Old 10-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Might as well put up these up. May shoot the buck shot from the back but would love to let that side view walk.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mortalcare
Anyone can feel free to correct me if im wrong, and i can barely tell because its at different angles and like said too blury, but i think the two are different? rack looks wider on the one on top? or is that just me? also the body looks bigger to me in the first picture
X 2 the antlers look different, from the first, and the last picture.
The first antlers look deformed, and the last one looks O.K.

JMHO
Old 10-05-2012, 04:09 AM
Spike

AWESOME Buck!