Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

EverCalm WORKS!

Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Spike

Default EverCalm WORKS!

I was skeptical about this product but after using it in Kansas this past weekend, I will never hunt without it.
Before I walked to my spot, I applied some to my boots and also to my climbing stand. After the sun came up, I had a couple does walking a trail directly downwind from me. You could tell they smelled me but they couldn’t figure out what the smell was, nor did they spook. The lead doe walked directly under me, looked up and couldn’t take her eyes off of me… for probably 2 min. She then bent down, pissed, and slowly walked off. I’ve never had a deer act as calm as these two did. It’s like they were at ease. Usually, when I deer locks eyes with you they seem to get nervous. Not this time.
The afternoon hunt produced almost the same results. I had some deer come directly downwind of me. You could tell they smelled me and then circled back about 20 yards. After circling back they again got on the same trail and walked directly under me. Each time I could’ve popped a big slick head.
I would recommend the product for anyone to try. Good luck.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:21 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Do you use the liquid or stick product? And do you just use the one "deer herd" scent?
Sounds like it would be good. I know the old dairy farmers that hunted where I grew up used to wear their barn cleaning clothes and it seemed they never spooked deer. Their clothes were strong enough smelling for a human to pick up at 5 ft. Apparently, the cow smell was close to deer or did not alarm them.

Last edited by MZS; 10-02-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

just hang yer clothes in the horse stables. its cheaper, and works better.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funny thing is I head the same thing about ever calm a couple weeks back. I always thought it was a gimmic as well but had a couple guys tell me that they think it actually works pretty well. Looks like I may have to pick up some soon.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

This is my first season using and im impressed.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to hunt a ranch and the cows would follow me to my stand and walk all around under it.At first I thought this would ruin the hunt,turned out they where the best thing that ever happened.
Learned one thing tho,never wear a face mask walking through a herd,the bull will take exception!!LOL
Old 10-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by MZS
Do you use the liquid or stick product? And do you just use the one "deer herd" scent?
Sounds like it would be good. I know the old dairy farmers that hunted where I grew up used to wear their barn cleaning clothes and it seemed they never spooked deer. Their clothes were strong enough smelling for a human to pick up at 5 ft. Apparently, the cow smell was close to deer or did not alarm them.
I use the stick kind. Yes, I used the deer herd scent.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:46 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
just hang yer clothes in the horse stables. its cheaper, and works better.
Yeah, that would work great w/ the barn I DON'T have.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

I tried some of that last year during bow season but did not see much deer and could not really tell if it made any difference. I still have a bunch left and hopefully did not spoil so I will give it a try this weekend. Thanks!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:19 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by liv2hnt jr.
I use the stick kind. Yes, I used the deer herd scent.
Thanks for the info! I just ordered a couple on amazon. One for me and one for my son.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.