Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Primos Original Can deer call? >

Primos Original Can deer call?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Primos Original Can deer call?

Old 09-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Spike

Exclamation Primos Original Can deer call?

Anyone have any experience with this call? I hunted for the first time yesterday with my bow and only saw one buck, which ran past me without even looking in my direction . I feel like I need a call to bring some more in, because only seeing one buck in a 6 hour hunt when I see like 4 or 5 in my neighborhood while going to work everyday is ridiculous. I hear the can calls are the best for beginners and I found the Primos Can call, which is priced at a great $6.99. Should I buy it?

Also, recommendations on other deer calls would be appreciated.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

My experience has been that it brings in immature bucks and coyotes...
Old 09-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

I bought one 2 years ago and have yet to have any luck with it .But i know guys at work that said they've use it and had luck with it .
Old 09-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get a "true talker2"my first one lasted about ten years and it will make any sound a deer will make.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

My wife called in an 8 point with it 2 years ago.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

"The Can" is designed to be used during the rut. Early season bucks are not used to hearing an estrus bleat. In my area, late October through middle December this thing does work in conjunction with a grunt call. Deadly. I have three mature deer on the wall that can contest to this call, if they could. My brother in law will tell you, I called up a mature 9 point for him 3 years ago and he went and bought the three pack. Hunters have all kinds of experiences with these calls, like everything else, timing and the bucks mood all play a part. The same hunter that doesn't have any luck on a couple hunts may hit it right on the third hunt. Remember timing.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Spike

It's a great call. But not this time of year. It's only good IN the rut. Also it won't work on a buck that's already hooked on a doe. It usually only gets bucks that are cruising. Which is why a lot of young bucks come in.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Spike

The can calls are perfect for everyone. I have used them for years. Turned a lot of bucks heads. Best tool in my pack.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
Old 10-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Spike

I agree with everyone talking about the rut. An estrus bleat will only work DURING THE RUT. It's pointless to use early season. Early season... you'd have just as much luck calling in a big buck with a duck call :-)
Old 10-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like others have said, the Can does work under the right conditions (a buck you can actually see). I have only ever heard a doe make that "bleat" sound on one occasion, but that Can sounds EXACTLY like it! I have brought in 3 bucks during the rut with the Can. In 2010 I had a nice 8pt come running straight towards me so fast that I almost didn't have enough time to put the Can back in my pocket and grab my bow. Honestly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.