Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help me estimate deer score

Old 09-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
13.5 inches wide? That's a yearling 6-pointer. This guys going 19-20", inside.
at least
Old 09-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Banned

175 great deer. good luck
Old 09-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

13.5 inches wide? That's a yearling 6-pointer. This guys going 19-20", inside.
lol BX, I was telling him he's considerably bigger than MY 154" er that's only 13.5". In NO way was I saying this toad is 13.5"!

HL
Old 09-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol BX, I was telling him he's considerably bigger than MY 154" er that's only 13.5". In NO way was I saying this toad is 13.5"!
OK. I thought you were one of those under-estimaters.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

I'm jealous! Easy 175, but could probably push into the 180s. I'd go broke taking days off to try and get that stud.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I am not a self proclaimed expert; however, I do have a considerable amount of experience. At best it is very difficult to determine what he would score by just looking at the photo. Typically the width from tip of the ears would be about 14 inches. So guesstimating based on that he would appear to have a 17-18 inch outside spread. Roughly doing the math he would fall between 140 to 150 at best. Don't get me wrong he is a great buck and I wouldn't hesisitate in shooting him, but people have an ability to mis-judge deer and I have yet to see anyone be proficient at field judging deer. If you notice in both pictures there is nothing to allow you to compare size to except to a juvenile buck. In both picture look at the deers position. Picture #2 his ears are pinned back and this exaggerates the size of the horns. In picture #1 he is quartering towards the camera so again you don't clearly determine his width. Therefore is is impossible to accurately estimate his size. I happen to be a game biologist from an educational standpoint and professionally I hunt for a living. I am not trying to offend anyone or down play the deer, just an opinion like everyone else.
V/R
Mike
Old 09-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Slow Burn
Well, I am not a self proclaimed expert; however, I do have a considerable amount of experience. At best it is very difficult to determine what he would score by just looking at the photo. Typically the width from tip of the ears would be about 14 inches. So guesstimating based on that he would appear to have a 17-18 inch outside spread. Roughly doing the math he would fall between 140 to 150 at best. Don't get me wrong he is a great buck and I wouldn't hesisitate in shooting him, but people have an ability to mis-judge deer and I have yet to see anyone be proficient at field judging deer. If you notice in both pictures there is nothing to allow you to compare size to except to a juvenile buck. In both picture look at the deers position. Picture #2 his ears are pinned back and this exaggerates the size of the horns. In picture #1 he is quartering towards the camera so again you don't clearly determine his width. Therefore is is impossible to accurately estimate his size. I happen to be a game biologist from an educational standpoint and professionally I hunt for a living. I am not trying to offend anyone or down play the deer, just an opinion like everyone else.
V/R
Mike

OK. I thought you were one of those under-estimaters.
*ha hem.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Slow Burn
V/R
Mike
lmao at 150 at best.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

That buck is pushing low 50" beam length alone! He's all of 160 +
Old 09-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

we are talkin the top pic, left deer...i dont think the bottom pic and top pic are of the same deer...look at the brow tines, curved on one, but not the other.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.