Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

sugar beet crush

Old 09-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default sugar beet crush

Anybody used this stuff yet? If so, what were you're results? I bought a bag last week and was really timid about putting it all out at one site. I was worried that they wouldn't eat it and it would sit and mold & mildew. So, I poured a little out at 3 different sites and spread it thin (not in a pile). After 1 day the deer were already on it. I have been pleasantly surprised by the results so far. I was rally looking for something that wasn't full of rice bran and this seemed to be the best option.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Poured this stuff out at 2 different locations and had them eating it within 2 days. Pretty pleased with it so far.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Spike

I saw the stuff on TV and was curious about it myself. Havent used it yet but im tired of turkeys and squirrels eating all my corn. Please say that turkeys dont like it.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

I've been curious about it myself. Seems like a great concept. Pricey, like everything else, if your wanting to use it often. Just curious, why do you not like something with rice bran??
Old 09-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Rice bran doesn't work down here or at least on our land. It is not desirable and is a cheap filler for these bag products. It's pretty much like buying a no-till seed blend. If you read the contents, they are usually 80-85% annual rye grass. Just cheap fillers.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Flatland Slugger
I saw the stuff on TV and was curious about it myself. Havent used it yet but im tired of turkeys and squirrels eating all my corn. Please say that turkeys dont like it.
And no, I don't think this is something that turkeys or squirrels with eat. I'm going to check the cams again tomorrow and I'll give an update of how it's working. I'm not expecting much since the acorn are falling now. But if I can keep the does coming in, then I'll be pleased. Get the does & the bucks will follow.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by supaflav
Rice bran doesn't work down here or at least on our land. It is not desirable and is a cheap filler for these bag products. It's pretty much like buying a no-till seed blend. If you read the contents, they are usually 80-85% annual rye grass. Just cheap fillers.
Understandable. Crazy how it works in some places and not in others. I put together my own feed mix and the first time didn't put rice bran in the mix and the second time I did. The difference was very noticeable with the mix including rice bran. Its actually pretty pricey to get it here is the bad thing. I agree 100% with the seed products and many others on the market and fillers being used. Crazy how much they get for a bag of food plot mix when a person can go to the local seed store and get the mix for half price.