Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
WildGame Innovations Attractant >

WildGame Innovations Attractant

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WildGame Innovations Attractant

Old 08-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

LOL Yeah PREDATE, Hopefully they mind the property lines.

I would stay in contact with them and make sure they have your # to contact you should they need to retreive a deer on the property you lease. Or Vicea versa. No one likes someone walking in on them while they are hunting.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

He was very informative. I have known him, or rather he has known me most of my life. They respect the lines, there is 8 members to the club. All older men, he already told me that if any deer I shot that crossed the lines to call and he would gladly meet me. I feel I would owe them the same. The daughter who now owns the farm, has really opened the place up to me and as you both know this kind of arrangement is golden, so I really wanna do right by her, and she is a very nice person herself. Most of the hunt club members I know a couple I don't, but they are very respectful and they don't shoot just anything. I am excited, but nervous as well you just don't know on a brand new place. I just don't wanna spend all year moving around a lot.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

WildGame Innovations Attractant-dsc_0002-2-.jpg

This is the 2nd pic on the camera. Finally ! What ya'll think ? Several, several doe pics.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

WildGame Innovations Attractant-stafford_rd_parcels.jpg

Now that my wife has figured out to get the pictures on here. Here is the picture of the farm I have been trying to share for you to see.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

A few funnels/stand sites(orange arrow)
Possible glassing??(green)
Likely deer travel(blue line)
It's difficult to judge the terrain from the photo, these are just a few of my opinions.
I bet the deer spend alot of time here!! I think you'll do good!!
Old 08-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

What appears to be a field across from wher you have marked the green is growed up with 5-6 year old oak, maple, some persimmons. Impossible to see into. The other "field" that is just north and slightly east of that one is the same but a little older stand. The crp has been terribly maintained. Great cover though. You are spot on with your assumption of der movement. Just to the right of the arrow on the corner is a "bench" that the deer are running, and I have placed a stand there. Just to the right of your upper arrow, you can see there is a tree line. That is standing timber line, red and white oak. About 2/3 up that, to the right and slightly south of your arrow is where I got the pic of the 10 point this week. Along with a ton of does. There is about a 40yrd square of open timber there, so I have placed another stand. Your assumption of the deer movement along the water edge is correct, but that has been select cut, right now, it's impossible to walk in there. This pic was taken during the winter months, so you can see a little better. You can see the tree line of standing timber that I'm talkin about, and if you look to the left of that, where you placed your arrows, you can see there is more standing timber. This runs the entire length of that bench I'm talkin about. The timber line where I got the pic, and where I have place a stand, is on a ridge, that slopes off to the bench, that is about 25yrds wide then slopes off to a creek, the property line.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Not to be confusing, in reference to the arrow at the top of the photo, I stated to the right of that arrow is where the pic was taken, I meant to say to the left, and just left of that tree line.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Marty, sorry to take so long to get back to check it out. It looks like you pretty well have it figured out. Predate has some good ideas for stand placement. there are always some more options, possibly for a pop up or two if you have them. Make sure you let me know what you get from there this yr and if you have anymore questions, just holler.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Deerdust: There is a stand site on the farm where there just isn't a tree close enough to put one. I have a pop up that's going up probably this next weekend. I have gotten a pic of an old mature deer. Just can't tell from the photo how big is rack is. They were telling me about an old mature 6 point that they had passed on the two previous years. I was informed that the deer would reach 120. I realize what it takes for a deer to reach that, and for a 6 point to make that he would have to be pretty hefty, in the pic I don't see 120, can't see but one side, and that not real good. His body, well, he's old, sway back, low gut, huge in the front, even now. I have posted it on here asking for an Age input. ( See post " how old") take a look and let me know your thoughts. Word is that he's staying on this property more now. First chance I'm taking him.