HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   WildGame Innovations Attractant (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/369502-wildgame-innovations-attractant.html)

invmp12 08-23-2012 06:03 PM

WildGame Innovations Attractant

Has anyone used the WildGame Innovations "Crush" Sugar Beets brick attractant ? Picked up a couple real cheap tonight, gonna put them in front of a trailcam Saturday. Like some feedback on what ya'll's opinions.

PREDATE 08-24-2012 05:24 AM

It's worth a shot! I've never heard of them, so I don't know if they like em'! I do know that corn doesn't fail at bringing deer in and they will find it quick!

deerdust 08-24-2012 07:01 AM

Put it in a spot where you know the deer are going to come. It is going to blow your mind at how they will take to this stuff. A few years ago they sent us 20 bags to try it out. We placed it on the edge of already established deercain licks. In a couple of days, it was ALLL gone. The deer love sugar beets.

deerdust 08-24-2012 07:03 AM

Hmmm, I just realized you said "BRICK". What we had was crushed in a bag, not in a brick form. The brick may last longer, but they will love it just the same.

PREDATE 08-24-2012 10:06 AM

I guess that some salt/mineral licks need to leach into the dirt then they eat the dirt. Is the sugar beet brick the same way?

invmp12 08-24-2012 04:09 PM

PREDATE: that is what I've been told. The brick will dissolve, as they eat/lick on it. A little rain, if we ever get any, will aid in that. Did you ever get the link that I sent on the farm?

Deerdust: thanks for the input. Gonna check camers in the morning after chasing tree rats. I don't chase them on the same farm, I do not hunt the farm before bow season, I want them as un molested as I can leave them. As I have told PREDATE this is a new farm to me. It has only been hunted by the elderly gentleman that owned it until he passed away. His daughter is allowing me the hunting rights. I haven't gotten to many pics of bucks yet, was concerned until I spoke to the QDMA Hunt club that borders the south,west, and north of this farm. One of them, whom I know, looked me up when he found out I would be hunting it this fall. He was full of information, but, in so many words, wanted to get a feel of how I operated. Needless to say, we are like minded so he shared a lot about what I could expect. I am really excited about it.

invmp12 08-24-2012 05:03 PM

Another thing, my warden buddy, doesn't say much until closer to season, but he really frowns on the corn. Not to even try and dabble into the bait debate, he tells me it's a two fold thing with him. First, baiting in Tn is illegal. All forms of "bait" must be removed or eaten up 10 days prior to hunting the spot. I have salt blocks on another farm during the summer months, and they really come to those, but I don't and will not hunt over them. They usually quit coming to them during the season. Second, during the times of a serious draught, he doesn't want the deer all coming together at one spot, because of disease. It's hard enough on them coming to a single watering hole, but to put something out to draw them together causes more problems during the draught. If you have ever seen a whitetail in distress because of this you would understand.

deerdust 08-24-2012 08:06 PM

Any type of lick material, is best if it is mixed into the soil. Blocks will leach into the ground as they lick and rain allows it to disolve. Crushed beets or any powder type, is best mixed with creek or pond water and poured into a depression made in the ground.

With what we put out, we had no idea how the deer would take to it, so just poured it around the licks, not mixing it into the soil. It was amazing at how they took to it though. We have looked at the possibilty of adding some sugar beets to some of the food plots we do, but haven't done it as yet.

Keep us informed as to how it works for you.

invmp12 08-24-2012 08:30 PM

I'll let you know in a week. Gonna put it outin the morning, leave the camera on it this up coming week. Thanks again for all your input.

PREDATE 08-24-2012 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by invmp12 (Post 3964440)
I spoke to the QDMA Hunt club that borders the south,west, and north of this farm. One of them, whom I know, looked me up when he found out I would be hunting it this fall. He was full of information, but, in so many words, wanted to get a feel of how I operated. Needless to say, we are like minded so he shared a lot about what I could expect. I am really excited about it.

Not trying to draw conclusions but, it sound like the hunt club has been keeping "an eye" on the farm! It sounds like you've got a nice little deer sanctuary all to yourself! I see nice bucks in your future:happy0001: