Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
2 inch blazers vs 3 inch vanes?? Any advice >

2 inch blazers vs 3 inch vanes?? Any advice

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2 inch blazers vs 3 inch vanes?? Any advice

Old 08-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Spike

Question 2 inch blazers vs 3 inch vanes?? Any advice

Does using blazers make much of a difference. Ive used 3inch vanes for years. But looking into a new set up this year. Does anybody have any advice???? Thank you
Old 08-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Spike

Thumbs up Blazer Vanes

When I was able to draw a compound bow I refused to use anything but 2" Bohning Blazer vanes. I tried 3" & 4" vanes as well as the Norway Fusion vanes and nothing gave me the accuracy or stability that the Blazers did. Also, beware of knockoffs. There are some brands that are the same size and shape as the Bohning Blazers but they are made of a cheap plastic material. The Blazers are made from a stiffer and more coarse material. Hope this helps.

Last edited by hunter177; 08-23-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-24-2012, 04:26 AM
Fork Horn

really it all depends on the bow, the speed and draw length. I am 6'7 with a 32in draw. my current set up with hunting arrows is shooting about 315fps. This makes it REALLY tough to find the right arrows. I have had the best luck with heavier splinded arrows with blazers. I do know that people that shoot slower bows at less weight seems to find a little more stability with the longer vanes. Most bow shops will have a few arrows that you can shoot to see. Obviously the weight will be different but keep an eye on the arrrow stability, twisting, exsesive flexing in flight. I have actually seen some bow shops that have a high speed camera to film your shot so you can watch what the arrow does when you release. These camera's are extremely expensive so I wouldn't count on using that though. Trial and error is ussually the best way to find the right arrow for your current set up.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Best advice might be to put this in the Archery Forums to get some good responses!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

Ive shot 2,3,4 inch vanes. I shot well with them all. I'm back with 3" this year. Try em' out. You might like em'!!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Blazer 2" for me...
Old 08-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

3" feather for fair weather and 2" plastic for rain weather.....
Old 08-25-2012, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

I shot traditional three inch vanes for years. Around 2008 ish I started to hear all the hype about Blazer vanes. I decided to give them a try. Now I shoot a bow that is around 300 fps with 28.5 inch arrow at 29.5 inch draw. I have been shooting since I was 7 (now 29) and never telescoped an arrow until i switched to the Blazers. I noticed immediately that my groups were tighter and more consistant. As of a couple nights ago i telescoped my fourth set of arrows. Ive been a good shot for a long time but I do feel that the Blazer vanes helped improve my shot.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it aint broke....