Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trail Cams

Old 08-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default Trail Cams

I have had a Wilgame Innovations IR 4 for about 3 years. Haven't had the first problem, new batteries, program it, turn it on, and leave it. No worries. My wonderful bride has agreed to allow me to get another. ( you know if mama ain't happ, ain't nobody happy) so, I'm thinkin about the Wildgame Innovations Red 6 IR. Anybody got any thoughts ?
Old 08-12-2012, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

I love there customer service !!!!!! I just had an issue with 2 of my IR6 that were a little over a year old and they fixed the issue fast with no problems !!!! I like the cameras for the money I also run a few moultrie m-80's and a moultie c-50 and they are good as well for the under $150 cameras.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

I have the same wild game camera and it hasn't given me a problem in 2 yrs. My only complaint is the slow trigger when it takes a pic. I also have 2 spypoint tiny cams. I had good results with them plus it takes a very fast pic. I been reading about the 8 mp bushnells. I think I am going to get that 1 next. Had really good reviews.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

I have the wg ir4 also and its a very good cam, if your budget is around $100 I strongly recommend the spypoint g4 from Gander Mountain, great pics easy to program and very durable. Also my favorite cam for the money is the little acorn, it gets great reviews and runs around $190. Great pics, battery life and also very durable with a two year warranty. Scoot
Old 08-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guy's. I don't own/run multiple cams, I just move it around. Adding a cam well help me cover more ground on a new 400 acre farm I have acquired. Haven't put any salt or anything out due to the drought. Don't wanna cause or add to any disease problems, that so far hasn't so I'm putting them on well used summer time trails. I do agree with the somewhat slow trigger speed. I'm placing them facing sorta facing up/down the trails. There is a 20 acre lake on the farm, so would like to place one on a spot they are coming to to drink. Maybe they will hang around this spot a little longer for a photo. Thanks guys