Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Who has the best luck with mineral attractant? >

Who has the best luck with mineral attractant?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who has the best luck with mineral attractant?

Old 07-31-2012, 06:19 AM
Spike

Default Who has the best luck with mineral attractant?

I have some of my trail cams out now but I'm wondering what's the best stuff to attract the deer. I just put out a small acorn block and some buck bomb powder stuff. What else is everyone using? What seems to be the preferred stuff? Thank you
Old 07-31-2012, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jwatts
I have some of my trail cams out now but I'm wondering what's the best stuff to attract the deer. I just put out a small acorn block and some buck bomb powder stuff. What else is everyone using? What seems to be the preferred stuff? Thank you
The very best I have found is good ole min salt and the mineral rock. I also use molasis from the feed mill which is cheaper than any in the sports stores and just as good. Just top your blocks wwith mol and the deer will be there. After a few years the deer will dig a hole and eat the dirt/salt residue.

Try it-u will like it!
Mac
Old 07-31-2012, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

We ahve been using WI 30-06 for 5 years and the deer dig giant holes into the ground to get it.I have had to start new spots becouse the hole gets so big,bathtub size..I know you can make your own for less $ but this is what we use.Also the trophy rock has worked good for us..
Old 07-31-2012, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

I had a lot of luck with a combination of Apple buck jam, 4lb apple flavored salt licks and sweet feed. I add 1 gallon of buckjam once every 3 months and a salt lick w/8lbs of sweet feed every 2 weeks. You can usually get the salt licks and sweet feed at a feed store and I usually wait until the buckjam goes on sale and buy enough for the year.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

I have good luck with apple buck jam by itself the deer dig it up all summer and fall
Old 07-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

I also use apple buck jam its works every place I've put it out.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Spike

I have had good luck with 30-06 in the past.

For the past 3 years I have been making my own which seems to work as good as anything else out there. $50 will make about 200 lbs of the stuff.

2 parts trace minerals
1 part dical 18.5%
1 part ice cream salt/fine salt
Old 07-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Dried distillers, soymeal, dried molasses, cracked corn, and trace mineral. All this mixed in a particular ration will produce wonders!! I have finally got a ration that has been working awesome. As always corn will work good as well but everything else likes it too. That's why this mixture works so well as most other animals will leave it alone. Definitely no need to spend good money on stuff at retail stores!!! Most is a gimmick and consists of stuff you can find on your own for 1/3 the price.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

buckmaster, I started using the same the same mix you listed last year and wow!!! We put out three licks last summer at the beginning of july and they used them some but nothing huge... we never really checked them during the season but went back last weekend to put more in them and man was i pleased! We measured one to be 6 ft by 41/2 feet and 3 1/2 feet deep! thats just one year old! I would tell anyone that is looking to put some of these out to save a ton of money and use this
Old 08-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Spike

What are dried distillers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.