Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunters, anyone have their weapon fail while shooting at game? >

Hunters, anyone have their weapon fail while shooting at game?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunters, anyone have their weapon fail while shooting at game?

Old 09-05-2003, 03:04 PM

Default Hunters, anyone have their weapon fail while shooting at game?

Hunters,

have any of you ever had your rifle or handgun fail to operate while in the fileld? This is for a show segment, taking care of your weapon prior to the hunting season. I have had firing pins not working on my 7mm mag, lost a chance on a good buck, thanks for all your help and stories..

Dr. Mike
Old 09-05-2003, 06:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunters, anyone have their weapon fail while shooting at game?

No, but I had a bad 00 buck shell one time. Had a nice 7 point walk out about 20 yards away and powuuet, the shot hit the ground about 5 yards away, waddin stayed in the barrel.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

I have, my muzzleloader didn' t go off one time, but the cap fired and scared the deer away. By the time I got another cap on they were to far away for a shot.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never had problems with my rifles, but those blackpowder guns are a different story., had many a cap pop and the gun did not go off. normally in fog or a light rain. the one i like the best and remember the most is when i had been hunting in the rain all day, topped a hill and there was a four point buck standing there. again the cap popped, but i held on the deer for about a minute just in case it was a hangfire. finally lowered the butt to the ground, gun between between my knees, but muzzle not pointing at me as i reached for another cap, must have been three minutes since the first pop and the gun went off. i actually watched the bullet with about three inches of powder stuck to it, travel about 20 feet in the air and land in front of me. so much for hangfires.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:27 AM

[:@] Personally i' ve never had a firearm fail me! Notice I said " firearm" not " weapon" ! We don' t need our firearms referred too as " weapons" as they are not " weapons" unless used as so!!!!!!!! [:-] Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 09-06-2003, 07:17 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

well the gun didn' t fail I did. Failed to take the safety off, then after the gun didn' t fire what did I do? Squeezeed harder, that darn deer is still laughing at me.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:35 PM

never had mine fail yet. once though, when i was posting a drive, i had just shot a buck, and this fox popped out. after shooting the buck, i had stuck a fresh clip inmy remington 700 mountain rifle. i had forgotten to chamber anohter round, and when i came up on the fox at 145 yards, i heard an empty CLICK. i quickly jacked the bolt open, chambered another round, and tagged the fox at 250 yards while he was running. i ws shooting freehand.Hunter error.

slayer
Old 09-06-2003, 04:55 PM

Missed out on great doe last year, when I took aim and pulled the trigger.... nothing!

Black powder gun.... Powder was wet?
Old 09-07-2003, 06:35 AM

I had a boss tom tukey at about 5 yards once. Shotgunt clicked and did not go off. The turkey simply walked away.

I had put camo tape on my barrel and receiver, and when I put it back together, the tape got between the barrel and receiver. It caused a micro gap between firing pin and primer.

One less trophy.

Quick Reply: Hunters, anyone have their weapon fail while shooting at game?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.