Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ? >

What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

Old 11-01-2003, 10:19 PM

Default RE: What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

sit and wattch everything and all.i noticed i' m not the only one who has either dozed off or memorized serial no.s. good luck to all!!!
Old 11-01-2003, 10:41 PM

Sleep
Old 11-02-2003, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

What do I do...... After retiring from the navy almost 2 years ago, I am just returning to my roots here in MO. The first time I returned to the hunting grounds of the family farms I realized I just gone back in time 20 plus years. Here, nothing has changed. I love it out here! As I sat waiting for a shot, I thought about my life the last 20 years, my family, and the future. I have a job, so I count my blessings everyday. After visiting 30 some different countries I realize how fortunate we are to live where we do and to have what we have here, I think of the sacrifices made by our military men and women at this time and am truly thankful for veterans of the past which I have the most respect for. Today, 13 GI' s lost thier lives after their helo was shot down in Iraq, I think of them, their families and I pray for them. The ultimate sacrifice. The holidays are near and they will need our prayers, so as you are out there hunting say a quick prayer for our heros and thier families. finally, I got a medium size doe last season, what a thrill! cant wait till the season starts! chrissum in MO.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:08 AM

I watch the show that nature gives us. If I am bowhunting I wil practice drawing on squirrles and birds. Espically if the are real close. I do the same thing if am gun hunting. It is amazing how god these little creatures will pick up on movement. I consider this practice for when I deer shows up I will be ready.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:32 AM

Enjoy Nature, that is what it is all about, O,yes I also pray some to,it is good for the soul, enjoy, it is the best part of life!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 08:44 AM

hell i' ve even read all the shells too, and the labels on my packs, ... but most of the time i just sit back and relax enjoy the day outside and tune into where i am.... gets to where you can almost hear every minute sound around you .... heck i spotted a mouse by hearing it in the leaves and watched him scamper around for a while.... man its great to be out there this time of year!
Old 11-02-2003, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Chrissum,

Great Post. Enjoy your time home, you' ve earned it.

Thankyou for what you have done for the rest of us, and for the world. My preayers are with all the soldiers and their families, especially those who have been killed or wounded.

Hey guys, come on over and join us on the " T.R.' s Tips" board, I think you' d like it there. And I' d enjoy getting to know all of you.

T.R.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:20 PM

I agree with ducksanddeer where I have my ground blind mother nature puts on quite a relaxing show with the young deer, birds, weasles, etc.

[:-]
Old 11-02-2003, 04:18 PM

i wish i had some good tips on passing time only thing i can think of is to eat and fart
Old 11-03-2003, 07:20 AM

I try to stay focused ... ALL the time. Scan the entire area around yourself in a slow circle. Scan it again with binoculars. If I don' t see any deer I try to imagine where they are, and what I am doing wrong. All of the advice I' ve read from books and magazines on hunting runs through my mind as I try to apply them to my present situation.
I know it gets kind' ve hard after several hours, especially in very cold weather. Being totally focused all day takes a lot out of you ... but, for me, that' s what Hunting is about.

Quick Reply: What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.