Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ? >

What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

Old 09-06-2003, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

Look at every twig thinking its an antler....
Old 09-06-2003, 08:19 PM

Getting in a stand for me is being able to get away and relax. It' s a chance and time to relax and just let my mind drift. If I am hunting in the evening, my heart and mind starts racing as it starts to get closer to the time the deer start to move. Since we are allowed to bait, I will watch the birds, squirrels, turkeys, coons or whatever come to the corn pile. If I am hunting one of my food plots, I still like to watch whatever nature shows up to eat the clover and beans etc... It also gives me a chance to watch the shadows as the sun starts to rise or fall and think about better placment of my stands. Deer huntind..........ain' t it great!!
Old 09-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talk to myself,pray,relax, enjoy the the tranquility and not having kids running around drawing on me or pooring pop in my food etc. Course i hope that kid hunts with me in a few years
Old 09-07-2003, 06:49 PM

Shoot deer.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:46 PM

Read ok or write in my planning book the things s I need to do to improve the habitat, plan furniture I want to build, and glass and look a lot. I eat pecans...wont bother the deer since we ahve so many native pecan trees.

If i had to give up coffee, Id have to stop hunting.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Nothing, focus on how I' m going to shoot the next deer that walks my way.

But I do occassionally (ok ALOT) think about life in general, how I got where I' m at, my kids, my wife, the rest of my family, the future, the past, etc etc.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:58 PM

I dream of one day seeing a buck mate with a doe and conceive it' s offspring right in front of my eyes and then getting the chance to fill my doe tag.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:06 PM

I like to read books about hunting, being only 14 yrs old there is so much for me to learn. i also love to write poetry, i write about waiting, seeing a buck, (something that has only happened once) and after shooting a deer. I also thank God for every minute i spend hunting, i know there are many people who will never be as content as i am when i am hunting and i pity them.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I watch for deer.

You' ve got to take mental breaks once in a while and let your mind wander, but I just can' t stand to let a deer get within 40 yards without seeing them first.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Besides freezeing my butt off I watch nature. It is sort of fun watching the squriiels gather nuts and play. I dream of that nice buck walking by any mintue. I do fall a sleep a lot of the time. The best part of sitting in a stand or in a blind is watching the sun rise and set. It just make you thank God for what he has given you. If things are not going so great in your life. It just makes you think things would be a lot worse. Life is to short enjoy those great times sitting out in the woods enjoying nature. we just make to much out of life we make it so complex for ourselves.

Quick Reply: What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.