Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your tip here.

Old 08-27-2003, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Your tip here.

I saw this in the Dave Watson Forum we had and it had alot of good tips, then it was gone before I could print any of it out.I Would like to see your tips on hunting ,equipment care,etc..
Old 08-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Your tip here.

This is the deerhunting forum though my tip is directed more towards bowhunters...but since most bowhunters hunt deer I guess it is applicable.

Dab a little string wax on the outside, exposed ends of both your axles. This serves two purposes. One, if you have a loose e-clip then it holds it in place and eliminates the rattle. Two, it acts as a sealer of sorts in that it will not allow dirt or moisture to enter the axle from the ends.

Hope this helps and I apologize if it was not what you were looking for.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

here is something i use when going in the woods deeper than normal or if you' re not familiar with the area. especially an afternoon hunt and you want to stay in stand till dark. i put reflective tape on both sides of clip-on clothes pins. simply clip them on branches on your way in and with your flashlight you can pick them up on your way out and return safely. good idea to try and keep them scent free also. good luck hunting !
Old 08-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Be the Deer Dannie.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:51 PM

I' ll gather up a pocket of acorns. In archery season, I' ll drop them periodically. Especially if I see deer passing just out of range. Several times I' ve had deer coming in looking for the " tree" dropping fresh acorns.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:32 PM

Be more patient, spend as much time in the woods as possible. I don' t know of any P&Y bucks being taken on a couch watchin a college football on a sat. afternoon.