Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Its over

Old 02-27-2012, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Its over

Well my father passed away last week after a 7 year fight with cancer.He was 60 years old.Since I was old enough to walk hes taught me how to hunt, fish, trap, and all that go with it.For years we worked together and still found time to go hunting and fishing about every day if only for a few hours.I remember someone asked him once why he didnt work those extra hours of the day and wait till he retired to do persue his hobbies.He told em he didnt see the sense in waiting till he was to old to enjoy it.Turns out he was right, he never woulda got the chance.

Guesse thats what I wanted to share with you all today, if you love something dont put it off, you never know when when you wont able to do it again.Ive spent the last 5 years on the road making a living, in that time i have been away from my family friends and havent got to do much else besides work.I think this year Im gonna slow it down a little and do more of whats really important.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

i know what your saying i had a friend that took his life two week ago and he was a great hunting and fishing partner so i can almost say i know how u feel but sience its your dad i cant say much but one thing do not ever forget the memories you guys made.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear about your loss. Keep the memories alive forever
Old 02-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear.

He will always be with you. Just remember that everything you do involving hunting fishing advice auto and down to how you probably learned to tie your shoes is from him. Pass on your knowledge to another. Doing this will never allow him to be gone just doing it through others.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

I recently lost my mother. I keep a lot of memories of her taking me fishing when I was young. She never went hunting but she loved eating all the squirrels and rabbits I would bring home.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

Lost my older brother last Christmas to a massive stroke and then lost my Dad 3 months later after along battle with cancer. I under stand your loss but time will heal they say and I know it is true. I still hurt and reading your post has brought it back for me but it is good to reflect. Hang in there brother I am here if ya need to talk
Take care
treebeard
Old 03-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear of all of your recent losses. My heart felt sympathies goes out to all of y'all.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear of your loss. No doubt that you pop is where we'll all be one day .... in our eternal home. So while we are here, we need to do like your dad did and leave something good behind. In your case, I'd be willing to bet a few $$$'s that everytime you set up a successful trap line, or slip up on a nice buck, or run that lure just right resulting in a big 'un latching on .... you were able to do that because your dad instilled that know how in you years ago. You can honor him by passing it on.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:07 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear of your loss. My dad passed away a little over a week ago as well at age 95. I called him each day for the last 5 years since he was living alone and I knew he could use the conversation. So now I am reminded each day. It is difficult to prepare for this.

Last edited by MZS; 03-05-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry for your loss, but you've got one thing right. This is the only life you'll ever have, so live it!