Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Bladder

Old 02-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Bladder

This past fall while gutting a buck, I got the idea to keep the full bladder, for the fresh urine. After cutting it out, I poked a hole in it and poured the fresh urine into a clean container. It was then divided with my buddies into empty water bottles.

It was unbelievable how fast of a response we were getting from the deer (mind you it was at peak rut). Pouring it on the ground, we were getting deer jumping out within 20 minutes. That was every time we used the real, fresh urine, that weekend.

It was amazing the response difference from urine just a couple of hours old compared to purchased real urine. I remember reading that it is something to do with the natural ammonia or something that evaporates, breaks down or weakens with time.

I think I got about 8 ounces (1cup) from that buck. Being Canadian I usually deal in milliliters. Considering that 1 ounce of real urine sells for well over $12, and works so much better, you can be dang sure that I'll be taking extra care to removing whole bladders when field dressing.

I thought I would share this for those who don't know about this trick or have forgotten about it. Getting the first deer of the season is your problem.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:11 AM
Fork Horn

Here is another trick that works just as well. Instead of deer urine and all that trouble, use your own urine. It is much easier to carry and refill and is just as effective or more so.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

I've tried using my own urine throughout the woods. I've even tried drinking a lot of beer beforehand so that the barley would add as an extra food scent attractant. Even still, the fresh deer urine provided noticeably better results.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

I have some buddies that drink a lot of beer before they go out hunting, they never get much!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pee in the buck scrapes, it drives the bucks crazy . I've done it few times and they kick up the dirt like crazy
Old 02-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BIG TUNA
This past fall while gutting a buck, I got the idea to keep the full bladder, for the fresh urine. After cutting it out, I poked a hole in it and poured the fresh urine into a clean container. It was then divided with my buddies into empty water bottles.

It was unbelievable how fast of a response we were getting from the deer (mind you it was at peak rut). Pouring it on the ground, we were getting deer jumping out within 20 minutes. That was every time we used the real, fresh urine, that weekend.

It was amazing the response difference from urine just a couple of hours old compared to purchased real urine. I remember reading that it is something to do with the natural ammonia or something that evaporates, breaks down or weakens with time.

I think I got about 8 ounces (1cup) from that buck. Being Canadian I usually deal in milliliters. Considering that 1 ounce of real urine sells for well over $12, and works so much better, you can be dang sure that I'll be taking extra care to removing whole bladders when field dressing.

I thought I would share this for those who don't know about this trick or have forgotten about it. Getting the first deer of the season is your problem.
Works great.They banned natural urine products in Ont last year for purchase...not sure about harvested stuff though.

HA