Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

30 Remington AR Results?

Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Spike

Sixpointeightfan,

Thanks for the compliment! I would like to add that those 4 shots on the 300 yard target were somewhat rapid in succession. (approximately 2 seconds per shot fire rate) I have found this to be an excellent cartridge that is compact and easy to carry comfortably all day long yet it packs the energy to remain well above supersonic mark while hovering just below 1000 FLBS at 400 yards.

I agree with Stonewall308 in respect to the good ole '.06, it really is a "do all" cartridge. As with many available cartridges, It can easily take any game on this continent, however the '.06 isn't AR-15 or AR-10 compatible. (the OAL of the '.06 is just simply too long)

As far as not understanding why companies keep developing these new cartridges :

1. Who wants a gun safe with only one rifle in it?
2. What will you look forward to if these companies stop making new things?
3. What will you beg your old lady for (besides nookie)?
4. How will these big companies remain in business if they only sell one thing? They need our $$$$$ to stay in business so they need to keep coming out with new products.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Spike

I just started a small forum just for this round, it hard to find a good place to discuss it and get decent information from experience and not rumors, feel free to post your pictures and stories
http://30rar.myfastforum.org/index.php

Last edited by willieh; 03-21-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Spike

I'll check this out, Thanks!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Spike

This is my third elk but first bull, taken with the .30 Remington AR. Second season in the Sarvis Creek Wilderness, Colorado. 100 yard shot and a 150 grain AccuBond he dropped in his tracks. I hope this round catches on I havent been on this forum much and cant figure out how to upload photos, but i attached a link.

http://30rar.myfastforum.org/about11.html