Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Electric clothes, anybody using them? >

Electric clothes, anybody using them?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Electric clothes, anybody using them?

Old 02-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Electric clothes, anybody using them?

I like the idea, although I'm not sure I'm sold that a single battery charge can keep a guy warm all day, plus the added weight isn't a "bonus", but I've been thinking about getting some electric "heater" vests for next season.

Has anyone been using them? It'd be nice to have less bulk, especially for bow season. I've been "de-bulking" my hunting wardrobe for the last several years, and it seems like this might be the next logical step, IF THEY WORK.

How long are the "new models" holding charge? Are they durable enough to make it through season after season? Do they keep you warm enough under a standard top layer? Do they make you too hot if you're moving around? What's the weight like?
Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bought some electric socks once, not aware of electric clothes. Sure things have come along way in just 5-10years... but the socks did work,
Old 02-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

I asked this same question in hunting gear and a guy replied that he had just gotten a jacket to try in Ohio. So far he has had the jacket for one morning hunt that ended early with good results for*the jacket. He said that he would update as he has a chance to try the jacket. His jacket was from Milwaukee.

Jim
Old 02-24-2012, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

can you provide a link?

I looked around online for electric socks earlier this year and couldn't find any that were decently priced.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

The jacket should be under the Millwaukee tool.site. It uses the same m12 volt battery that their small tools use. I believe it costs a couple hundred dollars if I remember right.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used the electric socks in the past and they were pretty good. Only in temps below 30 and would just attach the battery for 45 mins then unattach it for an hour. Not too shabby. This year I purchased a pretty good pair of boots and they have done pretty well and traditionally I get cold feet pretty easy. I also bought a 10 pack of those single use toe warmers. I love them. I think I paid $10 for the pack and only used them when the temps were cold or I was going for a long sit. $10 a year isn't too bad for warm feet, plus I don't have to wash them. For anything else I think it would depend on where the battery was located and weight of course.