Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Thinking about getting a blind? >

Thinking about getting a blind?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Thinking about getting a blind?

Old 08-22-2003, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thinking about getting a blind?

I am currently looking at the outhouse hunting blind. I was wondering if i could get any feedback on this? I have a limited amount of money so i cant get a double bull or nething like that. Also how much does the doghouse run? Any feedback on this?
Old 08-23-2003, 08:46 AM

Default RE: Thinking about getting a blind?

too small for a lot of folks, esp bowhunters. Get the Doghouse. Around 80 bucks at Wingsupply.com
Old 08-25-2003, 12:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ditto on Ralphie' s comments. The Outhouse is a nice little blind but it is too narrow up top where the windows are. The Doghouse is much wider in that regard and only about $20 to $30 more at most places. I have a Doghouse, Doghouse TSC and Penthouse and hope to do a review of all of them shortly.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Here' s my advice... skip the tent-style blind altogether and buy a set of the leafy-style ghilli camo with the headcover and gloves, add to that the small, folding stick-style blind like turkey hunters use and you will be all set. I' ve used the tent-style blind before and its been my experience that deer see them and know something is up. The wind makes them flap and you are silouetted in the windows,etc. I switched to the method I described and it has been great...I' ve had deer walk up and stare me in the eyeballs and move on without spooking. Plus its much easier and quicker to move if you need to.
Good luck.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:56 PM

I just got a Doghouse at Bass Pro Shop for $99.00...I too thought about the Outhouse, but it is too small up top for drawing a bow..It would be ok for rifle hunting. The mesh screen over the windows have velcro and is very noisy if you remove it, but they advertize it as being able to shoot through...Therefore no need to try and open the mesh..I will find out shortly......
Old 08-25-2003, 08:47 PM

I recently bought a Doghouse from www.natchezss.com for $79.86. It has the shadow guard liner, edge Releaf and shoot through mesh portholes in Mossy Oak Breakup camo. Total price with shipping was a little over 90 bucks which isn' t bad. I' m not sure if you can beat that price anywhere. I know I couldn' t find a better price on this particular model. If you are interested in one, go to their website and type in the " find" box MC815N. That should put you in business. It' s a great blind for the money!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve got the Doghouse and I really like it. I had one a couple yrs ago but I sold it and bought the new model last year with the scent containment and the backout material on the inside. My thoughts......

The TSC (total scent containment) is a JOKE!!! The windows are the archery " shoot thru" mesh and to contain the scent they have, what looks like, clear crinkly cellophane. After 30 mins of testing my blind out, I cut the cellophane off the windows. Also, I practiced shooting thru the windows with my bow and it totally messed up my arrow flight. I just can' t take the chance of shooting thru one, at a deer.

The blackout material on the inside of the newer blinds is definatly worth it. It really makes it dark inside and helps conceal you.

I looked at the Outhouse and it was much too small in my opinion, even for gun hunting. Good luck!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:58 PM

Get the doghouse, it' s better for all around hunting. The shadow guard is great but never used the tsc part of it...probably easier to shoot through the side of the blind than that stuff.

>>>---DAVIDP---SILERCITY,NC--->
Old 08-26-2003, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Loooooooove my Pent house room for me
and every thing else!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I own 2 Outhouses , and they are too tight for a bowhunter , or even 2 gun hunters . You can find the Doghouse model at sportsmansguide.com for $69 . Good luck this Fall . [8D]

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a blind?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.