Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Anybody tried buck lickers salt blocks? >

Anybody tried buck lickers salt blocks?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anybody tried buck lickers salt blocks?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Spike

Question Anybody tried buck lickers salt blocks?

Do they work good and can somebody give me some tips on using them?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Typical Buck

Cant speak for those in particular, but any type of salt will attract deer in the spring and summer.

Biologists recommend calcium and phosphorus for a proper mineral site, not only salt. Just be sure to read the label.

Oh, and here is a link for help on using them effectively. http://bioplots.com/deer_mineral_guide.html

The guide is written primarily for my products, but they should work for any attractant that uses salt.

Last edited by hossdaniels; 02-16-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Mainly they hit them during the spring/ early summer here in wisconsin. Like HossDaniels said read the labels, i put mine out to benefit the young deer and bucks growth. I found some of the more expensive blocks are 90% salt with limited minerals, and some cheaper ones i found were actually more beneficial for the deer with vitamins and minerals.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

They love the Trophy Rocks I put out, I have put the Buck Lickers out as well,they always gobble them up in the spring and summer. I like to put mine in a spot where they can feel safe coming to them and I can get some good field cam pics. They are hitting the spots where I put them last year again already in my area,the holes are getting deeper and a lot of hoof prints are all around the sites.