Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any book suggestions

Old 08-21-2003, 05:30 PM

Default Any book suggestions

Any suggestions on hunting books . . whether it be strictly deer . . or hunting in general? Im in Texas, so excessive info on large game isn' t totally neccessary.

I fairly new to hunting and cant find just a ton of good books. I' ve tried a couple of places (including Bass Pro), but nothing looks too great. And I' ve looked at Amazon and other online places, but without being able to flip through it I dont know if its what Im looking for or not?
Old 08-21-2003, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Any book suggestions

My favorite hunting book is " shots at whitetails " by Larry Koller.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:07 PM

Greetings from Colorado,

There are many book companys that have what you need, if you go to lyons press you will find more books on hunting than you can imagine..if you need additional help let me know...

Dr. Mike
Old 08-21-2003, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting whitetails by the moon, charles alsheimer (not sure on spelling)
Old 08-21-2003, 09:06 PM

You won' t find it in one book. I' ve hunted for 50+ years. Read many books, magazines, and articles written about the outdoors, animals, etc. Build a bookcase, start filling it. Subscribe to a couple outdoors magazines. If you' re starting to hunt, you will getting into weapons, Archery, rifles, shotguns, etc. Then you need books on these areas. Ammo costs too much? Now you' re going down the road to reloading. (more books). A couple years and you will need another bookcase. Like to hunt? You' ll be an addict ' til your last breath.
Russ
Old 08-21-2003, 09:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

BIG BUCKS THE BENOIT WAY

that book kicks @$$
Old 08-22-2003, 11:12 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys
Old 08-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

For all of the information you will ever want to know about deer biology and behavior, I would recommend John Ozoga`s " Whitetail Intrigue" .

Following is the book description from Amazon:

John Ozoga one of North Americas premier deer researchers shares his common-sense insights into the continents most popular, adaptive and majestic game animal. Deer hunters and deer watchers will deepen their understanding of whitetail behavior, and learn how and where to encounter deer every time they enter the woods.
Ozoga conducted 30 years of deer research with Michigans Department of Natural Resources. Since 1994 he has written the Deer Research column for Deer & Deer Hunting magazine. This book compiles 35 of Ozogas most intriguing and fascinating articles. Part 1 examines the whitetails society; Part 2, whitetail social communication; Part 3, survival of the herd; and part 4, the whitetails future.

Accompanying Ozogas in-depth text is the breath-taking work of renowned wildlife photographers to help illustrate the whitetails complex behavior.

-Increases hunting success by broadening knowledge of deer behavior.
-The culmination of 30-plus years of hands-on deer research.
-100 vivid full-color photographs of white-tailed deer.
-Close-up look at buck behavior and movements throughout the fall.

Old 08-23-2003, 08:51 AM

" Pursuit of Trophy Whitetails" and " Whitetail Magic" by Roger Rothaar.

Quick Reply: Any book suggestions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.