Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Game Camera

Old 01-16-2012, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default Game Camera

I am looking to purchase a game cam for a new deer hunting spot for next year. I don't really want to spend alot of money, maybe $100 or so.

The main feature i want is good battery life. I have heard some brand camera's have terrible battery life and there are a few that have great battery life.

I am not too worried about megapixels etc... this cam will just be to see what is in the area etc.... would like IR over flash if i can, but again, battery life is the main concern as i won't be unloading it every weekend.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:44 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Wildgame brand cam.. Bought it at Walmart for 59.00 and it works great. NIGHT PICS ARE good too. Uses a SD card. Infrored(spelling). 66.00 tax included. takes 4 c batteries. GL
Old 01-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

You can get two of these Wildgame Innovations cameras from Amazon.com for $100.

They are great cameras. At $49.99 each this is a hell of a deal.

They take 8 AAs. Battery life is dependent on a lot of things, including temperature, whether you shoot video or take stills, IR night shots vs day shots, and size of image. Once I figured this out I have no probalem getting nearly a month worth of use and a few hundred pictures, from 8 AA batteries (I use Costco Brand multipacks)

Last edited by countertop; 01-16-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Typo in price. Put $459. its actually $49.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

love moultries...........awesome battery life........i personally don't mind flash........deer check out the irs too.........i have been some moultries as low as $50 on sales @ stores..........i have 7 or 8 now.........will keep adding!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

Go with the Moultrie M80's. I got two this past summer and they run off AA batteries and will last months with lithium batteries. Good luck.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by semi
I am looking to purchase a game cam for a new deer hunting spot for next year. I don't really want to spend alot of money, maybe $100 or so.

The main feature i want is good battery life. I have heard some brand camera's have terrible battery life and there are a few that have great battery life.

I am not too worried about megapixels etc... this cam will just be to see what is in the area etc.... would like IR over flash if i can, but again, battery life is the main concern as i won't be unloading it every weekend.
look into "plot watchers"
Old 01-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

I have a wildgame innovation and a spypoint mini. My wildgame innovation cam takes good pictures but it has a slow reaction time. My spypoint mini I really like takes great videos and picture but I paid $160 for it. It is a bit more expensive but get more pictures.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've tried a ton of them and have settled with Spy Point IR6's

6 AA batteries that last
easy setup and easy view
and best of all easy to turn on
great day and night pic's

They also blend in on trees very good

One of the best I have used yet....

Last edited by Adrian J Hare; 01-16-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Spike

Moultrie M80 works great and gets very good reviews as well. Wildgame Innovations cameras get poor ratings.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:20 AM
Spike

I'm going to give these a try........Stay away from Wildgame Cameras

http://www.huntenoutdoors.com/catego...Trail-Cameras/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.