Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

somebody agree with me lol

Old 01-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Suppose he could have hit it, but not killed it, 2 years ago. But it did not lay there for 2 years.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Spike

It can happen! I found an old 12 point that looks like it died of old age. It had been in the woods so long that the antlers were solid white. And no, not a chew mark on it and it was found in an oak bottom loaded with critters you would assume would eat on it. The whole skull was fully intact, well until my dog got ahold of it and chewed the nose off recently... You can call bs all you want, doesn't matter to me. It is a true treasure to me and would have made an awesome european mount. Anybody want a free german shorthair pointer..lol
Old 01-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

anything is possible no matter how on unprobable.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Spike

When I first moved to this property, when walking the wooded area I found half a dozen deer skeletons along with half a dozen cow skeletons; mostly intact.
I've found 3 racks alone so far, none were chewed.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its possible I suppose, Ive seen deer killed in winter that froze solid in hours, the other critters dont seem to eat these as fast and they will still be intact months later, after they thaw they get rotten pretty fast as all the internal organs are still in em and there seems to be fine line where even the coyotes wont touch em.