Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Looking at Five Decades

Old 01-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Looking at Five Decades

In my syndicated column for this week, I went back five decades of deer hunting and gave a brief overview of how I saw deer hunting in each decade and what changes I saw. When I got finished, I was kinda amazed at both how much deer hunting had changed and how little.

Looking at it objectively, I noticed how much space I used just talking about gadgets and their use or uselessness. So, I went back and took all the gadgets out and focused just on the deer, the hunting methods, the availability of land and the change in focus I saw in both the hunters and the industry. (appx. 1,800 wds)

I think the headline should have been From Meat to Horns-5 Decades of Deer Hunting. Too bad I had already sent it off.
That is the trouble with a dang computer. Then of course, I considered the average age of my 50,000 readers and realized 30% of them would have no idea what a dog horn is. I just love being a senile writer. I believe radio was a lot easier.

Last edited by scribe; 01-03-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Can you share a link to the column?