Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
R U stupid or naive enough to buy this BS? >

R U stupid or naive enough to buy this BS?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

R U stupid or naive enough to buy this BS?

Old 01-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default R U stupid or naive enough to buy this BS?

Alright. The "hunting" shows are bad enough as it is. Very few if any actually involve any real hunting and not a single one of them will say how many actual hours afield were edited to get whatever footage they wind up with once all the editing is done.

But what I sat thru yesterday was pitiful. If anyone actually believes in the product from what they portray in their commercial disguised as a hunting show then the only word that comes to mind is fool. Sorry.

The product was Extinguisher Deer Calling System. A show of claim after claim with supposed footage to support the claims. Ha! They show a few different jabronis in tree stands supposedly hunting, blowing these miracle calls and these pretty nice der responding to them like they are remote controlled. Ha!

It all reeks so bad of poor writing, directing, design or editing.

They show the jabrone. The show the jabrone blowing the call. The deer moving. But not once do they show a shot of that shows or proves all these things are actually happening at the same time.

How hard would it be to use actual over the shoulder of the hunter, using the call, and the deer responding. IMO it wouldn't be hard at all if it were actually happening.

Obviously these people are fools - they have shown that. Now they want to see how many fools will buy into their BS.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh they have a website, too. You can go there and see another video just like I described.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

We had a couple of those tv shows come hunt with us the guy shot a nice 8 point with no other deer around he didnt use any calls or anything and they went out and filmed for 2 more days when i seen the hunt on one of there dvds it showed him blowing there new grunt call then some does coming in and then the buck that they shot coming in behind them.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Spike

All of the shows are just infomorcials for the sponsers to seperate as much money as possable from you. I kill deer every year without all of the crap they sell. I usually ware jeans and a Carhart jacket never the latest camo or grunt call. just a good rifle and lots of scouting. ( I do however like Lee and Tiffiny, as long as Lee isn't in the shoot.)
Old 01-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

My True Talker does all that, half the cost!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

My True Talker does all that, half the cost!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I must have saved a lot of money

Didn't pay for cable television for over twenty years. Missed all those wonderful hunting and fishing infomercials.
In fact I'm using some hunting things I used successfully twenty years ago. I think I must have violated some statue of limitation by not trying something new and revolutionary.