Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help us Hunt on Sunday

Old 12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Spike

Default Help us Hunt on Sunday

Hello everyone thanks for taking the time to read this. I am in a group on facebook thats trying to lift the sunday hunting ban. I got a link from the creator of the group asking if i would put my name on this and send it to my friends. I figure we pay all the money to hunt and only get off a couple of days of the week and most of the time one of the days is Sunday that we should be able to hunt. All you have to do is fill in the blanks, its that easy. http://www.capwiz.com/nssf/issues/al...502501&type=ML
Old 12-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the link.....I signed it and will get others here in VA to do the same....
Come on all you Virginia hunters sign this petition and send it .......maybe if enough of Virginia hunters and their families and friends sign it too it will help us get Sunday Hunting......either way it can't hurt.....
Old 12-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just tried, got an email from my brother who lives there, I was rejected cause I'm from out a state.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

On its way.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Spike

Thank you all for signing it.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
we voted sunday hunting in here in wv years ago, but when your raised up with the teaching that hunting on sunday isn't right, ya just don't feel right doing it, so it was voted down 3 years later.
christian belief is its a day of rest, for all creatures it seems.
RR
I agree with you, im a Christian to, but think of the people who pay for the lisences and are only off on the weekends. It gives them only 1 day to hunt and prices of the lisences keep going up. You dont have to hunt on Sunday even if it does pass. You work on sunday, you can eat deer on sunday, you can fish on sunday so why cant you Hunt on sunday?
Old 12-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
christian belief is its a day of rest, for all creatures it seems.
RR
Ridge Runner.....are you allowed to fish on Sunday....?????....I believe fish are one of GOD'S creatures too.....
Old 12-23-2011, 08:55 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

You can bet that if they had a TV broadcast ban on the NFL on Sundays there would be some fur flying. Heck, how many people skip church so they don't miss the first quarter? Personally, I don't skip church to hunt (or watch football), but also I do sometimes go out hunting on Sunday afternoons. Give people the choice - seems like that is what this nation was founded on. The problem here is that hunters are in the minority and the non-hunters are probably all the happier that hunting is banned one day a week.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

I am Christian and dare anyone to tell me that I have less faith, because I hunt on Sundays.

I pray and think of God and his miracles more in the woods than anywhere else.

You folks deserve the right to hunt whenever you please.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Spike

For those of you that are ignorant in saying, "I was taught not to hunt on sundays, so I dont think you should hunt on sundays" are completely WRONG! Anyone who says Im a Christian and Sundays are a day of rest you are WRONG! You need to get in the good book(Bible if I have to spell it out for you) and READ!!!! God created the earth in 7 days, and he rested on the SEVENTH day, NOT the first day. SUNDAY is the FIRST day of the week. Jesus observed the sabbath on saturday, which was from evening time on friday til evening time on saturday. Its all through scripture. He also goes to tell us that if we must work on the sabbath then we must. But it is set aside as one of the 10 commandments to keep the sabbath day holy! Pastor Jim chime in here and help me !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.