Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This is why you shoot coyotes

Old 12-13-2011, 07:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by fordtough150
I saw that slide show from the link you posted a month ago. If I remember right, the Texas hunters game cam was on Oklahoma land. Michigan is a looooong ways from Oklahoma.... That is if the OP is really from Michigan.
Originally Posted by WV Hunter
I like how the friend claimed they came from his cam. LOL

As others said, the entire sequence (over 200 pics) has been on the D&DH website for some time. I did find it kind of ironic that the entire kill over hours of time, ended up being right in front of the camera. Coyotes are relentless that's for sure. We don't have a ton where I'm at, and they still do damage. I shoot every one I get a chance at.
Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
So a GUY AT YOUR WORK got those on his trail camera? Where is this guy from? Because those have been around for a long time and Im starting to think you believe this guy.

I think you all are jumping to a conclusion. Nowhere did I see him claim that they were from the friends/guy at works camera. He just mentioned that his friend/guy at work e-mailed him the pics. Happens all the time.

To the OP, thanks for posting/passing this on. I have seen footage of coyotes taking down a mature bull elk in the snow. I would also like to add that the coyote is an opertunist, and like another poster mentioned, there was probably a bait site right there in front of the camera. So think of that when your putting bait out in an area that has a high coyote population. Especially when the bucks have gone through the rut, they are much more vulnerable at this time. Sure he got some great footage, but he was likely the biggest contributor to this bucks demise.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

im a little different feeling on it...its just part of nature..yotes have to survive too...over population is a different story. i think the cam was placed at the deer's comfortable area and the yotes prolly pushed him all day as someone may have mentioned somewhere else. he got tired of running, so he tried to stand his ground and lost. i could only tell of 2 maybe 3 different yotes in the two hundred some odd pics. if there were 40 yotes on it, i'd be surprised and say some killing needs to go down...but fer such a small population..let em make it.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by badbowbender2
I think you all are jumping to a conclusion. Nowhere did I see him claim that they were from the friends/guy at works camera. He just mentioned that his friend/guy at work e-mailed him the pics. Happens all the time.

To the OP, thanks for posting/passing this on. I have seen footage of coyotes taking down a mature bull elk in the snow. I would also like to add that the coyote is an opertunist, and like another poster mentioned, there was probably a bait site right there in front of the camera. So think of that when your putting bait out in an area that has a high coyote population. Especially when the bucks have gone through the rut, they are much more vulnerable at this time. Sure he got some great footage, but he was likely the biggest contributor to this bucks demise.
Hey inspector gadget thats because he edited his post on 12/11/11.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I already knew that..............I shoot them everytime I see them.

Think about all the animals they kill that can't defend themsleves.

Then think about how much damage they do when they "pack-up" !!!

Kill'em.

Last edited by Sheridan; 12-13-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
Hey inspector gadget thats because he edited his post on 12/11/11.
lol
Old 12-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Pretty typical pictures that fall in line with what I have seen. A few coyotes running down a deer and one gets the hamstring and then comes to an inevitable end. I am surprised at the next day picture. Around here that carcass would be ripped apart and picked clean spread out over a large area.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a little skeptical about this. I would bet the buck was already injured and the coyotes knew it. There are never more than two yotes in a picture. You can't tell me two scrawny yotes can take down a mature buck. Why did the buck stay in front of the camera so long. I think a healthy deer would have been out of there long before the yotes attacked. It's very rare for coyotes to take down a mature buck, at least down here it is. Maybe it is more common up north where snow could hinder a bucks escape. Most deer taken by yotes are either fawns or wounded or sick deer. Regardless, those are neat but sad pics. It's a shame a buck that nice has to go that way.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Dominant Buck

First thing they do is go for the hamstrings. Once that happens the deer is basically crippled. You can see in those pictures that is exactly what happened. I have actually seen that done by a lone coyote who chased the deer until it was foaming at the mouth and couldn't get away. One quick lunge and it was all over with the leg just hanging out there unable to work anymore. If there is more than 2 yotes it is pretty easy for them to get a kill. Last one I shot was during a turkey hunt and the yote was 10' behind a very tired doe that ran past my setup. The doe made it.... the yote didn't after 2 shots of #5's three inch magnums.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by superstrutter
I'm a little skeptical about this. I would bet the buck was already injured and the coyotes knew it. There are never more than two yotes in a picture. You can't tell me two scrawny yotes can take down a mature buck. Why did the buck stay in front of the camera so long. I think a healthy deer would have been out of there long before the yotes attacked. It's very rare for coyotes to take down a mature buck, at least down here it is. Maybe it is more common up north where snow could hinder a bucks escape. Most deer taken by yotes are either fawns or wounded or sick deer. Regardless, those are neat but sad pics. It's a shame a buck that nice has to go that way.
I AGREE 100% Why would coyotes go for the strongest,a mature buck at this time of year ? It is unnatural. And so what if coyotes kill deer.. We kill them too! They are just trying to survive.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Cool

I don't really have a problem with the pictures as that is nature
What I do have a problem with is up here those dam Yotes and Coydog's are killing everything and the balance is all off
I know and once the food supply is gone the pred pop will come down
Yup that I agree 100% but I am not going to wait for that personally
Yes I love Yote hunting and even more killing those inter bread Coydog's nasty beasts
The moment I had one turn on me during last years turkey season and three 3.5" #4's later later he was dead as he just kept coming at me with his teeth showing that was it for me and the dog's!!!!!!!!!

Treebeard
Attached Thumbnails This is why you shoot coyotes-brockton-20110507-00053.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.