Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Yote on camera...How long till deer come back? >

Yote on camera...How long till deer come back?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Yote on camera...How long till deer come back?

Old 12-09-2011, 03:12 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

Default Yote on camera...How long till deer come back?

Saw this on camera today

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/Huntindad/HuntingNsuch/?action=view¤t=dog.mp4

I'm wondering how much that will disturb the deer I've been seeing on this camera.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:31 AM
Typical Buck

2, maybe 3, hours if it left. Maybe not even that long.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dpv
Saw this on camera today

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/Huntindad/HuntingNsuch/?action=view¤t=dog.mp4

I'm wondering how much that will disturb the deer I've been seeing on this camera.
Not long at all.
Deer are used to coyotes being there.
They just avoid them.
JMHO

Old 12-09-2011, 03:33 AM
Spike

We've seen Coyote on our cameras and we hear them all the time, and have had decent success this season on that property. I do however think the turkey population has taken a hit from them. My goal for this year is to wipe out as many 'yotes as I can!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Spike

This type of activity isn't something you should worry too much about. In most cases it will not spook deer too much. Coyotes like this usually move in packs and like to hunt in groups of 3 or more. (when hunting to "take down" game) They have been a natural enemy for the whitetail in North America and whitetails have still managed to live on for millenia by eluding the yotes. Unless the Coyote population/pressure is too abundant.....a couple coyotes will not really hinder the daily routines of your deer. But that's not to say that you couldn't take a couple of those coyotes out before next deer season though.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

The deer will be back any minute!
Old 12-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Some studies are new studies. . .

and today students of deer studies have the opportunity to study more about deer than scientists did twenty years ago.

Why with all the trail cams in the hands of the public, we should find out how many deer show up at a corn feeder, overlooked by a trail cam, overlooked by a hunter. Such research was unheard of some decades ago.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Valentine
and today students of deer studies have the opportunity to study more about deer than scientists did twenty years ago.

Why with all the trail cams in the hands of the public, we should find out how many deer show up at a corn feeder, overlooked by a trail cam, overlooked by a hunter. Such research was unheard of some decades ago.
Although I have never used a trail cam, I get the feeling that you are extremely against other hunters using them. I might not be as old as you are, but I do have my " old schooler " tendencies as I was mentored by an old timer. I have used and practiced methods of hunting and stalking that I have yet to see published in any book, magazine or television show ( because these where the old school ways that I was taught ) Any advise I give on this forum is from what I was taught, what I have seen, What I have learned from other hunter's experience and from my own personal experience. I did not claim that any studies where done by me. I do not claim to be a scientist.
What I will say is that I have acquired a degree in Biology myself and have done extensive research on the species of the Large cats in North America, the Canine family, the Whitetail deer, the Bullet ant of Nicaragua and the Compass Termite. And I have never had to look at a trail cam to conduct my research (as you claim all these youngsters today are doing)
Another thing that you might consider is, just because 95% or more of the members of hunting.net didn't fight in Normandy or lived through the great depression of the 1920's doesn't mean that there are not some very informed people on this site.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dpv
Saw this on camera today

The deer never left!
Live it up! Deerwoods Doug
Old 12-10-2011, 05:39 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

2 Things. first, I now think this was a large Fox and not a coyote.
Second it didn't do anything to deter the deer from coming thru. I sat there with my Son last night while 2 doe came in and left....During the night the camera caught Does fighting and then later 2 bucks walking thru.