Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

exhausted from the season

Old 12-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default exhausted from the season

Don't get me wrong I love to be in the woods everyday if possible but when the season finally ends, I have mixed emotions. It a very sad time for me but on the other hand its a much needed rest. I'm a single man so I stay in the woods at least 6 days a week after work and weekends. Sometimes I tell myself " I think that I will just stay home after work" but by the time I punch out, it's game on. Just wondering how many others is in the same boat? How many days a week do you go? Oh yea, and after the season ends and before it starts back again, that's my time for some scouting. Got to love it!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

I'm exhausted too. I think I'll be a little relieved when its over; I always feel obligated to hunt because I only get so many opportunities to do so. I sometimes end up hunting when I don't have the energy for it.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Yea you wouldn't think that just sitting in a stand or blind would be so exhausting. Sometimes I give myself headaches from scanning the woods so hard LOL.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep I know the feeling! Getting up early to be on the stand and never getting to bed early enough! Would'nt trade it for the world!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Spike

Not a day goes by that I don't bitch and moan about getting up at 4am to hunt but amazingly I do it every time. I have the hardest time getting up for work at 7am but when it comes to hunting time I spring out of bed. My grilfriend thinks I am crazy but if you don't get it, then you don't get it.

Old hunters always say "You have to be in the woods cause you can't kill sh*t laying in bed!"
Old 12-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Even with a good thing . . .

you can always suffer some "battle fatigue." The worst type can be someone who works in the outdoor hunting and fishing field, and then on their day off will go fishing or hunting. You toss a fishing line, while thinking of the bar codes of the latest products that came into your shop. For some it's merely a fishing lure; for some it has a bar code. And those bar codes can catch up with you.

Last edited by Valentine; 12-07-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

I always take three weeks off in a row and hunt everyday except Sundays. Not allowed in VA. Those three weeks are very exhausting but i always hate to see the season go.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

I'm with all you guys. Love to see it come in and hate to see it go out. I wish that it was in year round but I have no idea when I would rest. And turkeyslayer75, It is funny how its hard getting out of bed to go to work but when it's time to hunt, no problem at all. Also true that you can't kill em in the bed. I love it and if I couldn't do it anymore, I'm not sure what I would do. Well I hope that everyone has a great and safe season.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I feel the same way. I dont get to hunt as much as you do, but I get out probably 4 dagyys a week until the time changes, then its weekends only. We have one more weekend of our ml'er season, then back to the bow until the end of the year. but I will probably be done after this coming weekend, even if i dont fill my tag. Its been a long season.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm bumbed out.Lost job in July.Threw off whole season.Haven't been out yet.Usually, when the season ends,I feel alittle relieved,but just as quickly start thinking about and planning for the next one.Job interview tomorrow w/one other prospect.Will salvage what I can.Rabbit,squirrel and extended turkey in Jan.Will be good to get out w/a gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.