Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

exhausted from the season

Old 12-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Game Stalker,
Good luck on your job prospect! I hope it works out for you!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Game Stalker allthough I dont know I'll say a prayer ya. Good luck hope you get the job.

Dont know where you are. But if your ever in SW Fla? let me know I'll take you hog hunting we can hunt them year round.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

I'm sorry to hear about the job situation too Game Stalker. We've been out of work for half of the year ourselves. Good luck with the interview and I'm praying that the economy gets better soon. Sure is a lot of people out of work these days.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
I'm bumbed out.Lost job in July.Threw off whole season.Haven't been out yet.Usually, when the season ends,I feel alittle relieved,but just as quickly start thinking about and planning for the next one.Job interview tomorrow w/one other prospect.Will salvage what I can.Rabbit,squirrel and extended turkey in Jan.Will be good to get out w/a gun.

So you haven't been working or hunting? What have you been doing?

If I lost my job in July, I'd be hitting the job search extremely hard for a few months. If I didn't have a new job by mid October, I'd be tempted to take a break and just hunt for a whole month.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

As for me, I've been hunting hard and working hard since October 1. Saturday is a full moon, and also the last day on which I can shoot a buck because I'm out of town the last two weekends in December.

Given that its a full moon, and the last two full moons I hunted I got completely skunked, I'm very tempted to just stay at home. Its over an hour drive each way for me to hunt, not to mention getting up at 4 am in order to be in the stand before first light. But I know if I don't go hunt, I'll be kicking myself all day.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
So you haven't been working or hunting? What have you been doing?.......
Thanks,everyone,for the comments.What resources I did have were used to survive and look for work.I've been going hard at it,burning resources w/no luck.(Yet)Even the temp services have nothing going on.
One interview yesterday and today.I'm a positive person.Things will turn around.Hopefully soon.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

I was lucky. When I was "downsized" from my engineering job a couple years ago I was 62 years old so I just retired. Still hits you when you go from an engineer's pay to social security check and a couple small pension checks. Then this year my working wife broke her hip and she's been on disability. But I still hunted every day! God will take care of ya! Don't sweat it.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Smile

Originally Posted by warbirdlover
I was lucky. When I was "downsized" from my engineering job a couple years ago I was 62 years old so I just retired. Still hits you when you go from an engineer's pay to social security check and a couple small pension checks. Then this year my working wife broke her hip and she's been on disability. But I still hunted every day! God will take care of ya! Don't sweat it.
You got that right. The last 2 years we've been only working about six months out of a year. I pick up some odd jobs here and there and my income isn't enough to take care of the bills but somehow God takes care of it. If you would look at what I take in and what I pay out it would leave you scratching your head. Not sure how God does it but he does. And stonewall, You really need to get out there Saturday it being your last chance at it this year. I'm sure you will though.