Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Full Moon Hunting

Old 12-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default Full Moon Hunting

This weekend there is going to be a full moon. I was wondering how and wat will yall hunt? I'm not sure wat I need to hunt where I'm at in Alabama the deer in rut. There starting to chase, so I'm stuck between two spots I really need to hunt. One spot is an acorn flat where does sometimes hang out or another stand where there has been a buck cruising along a pond and has made a rub line. I really need some advice and it would be well appreciated.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Just keep the wind to your face and hunt where they live. Hunting near but not over bedding areas is ideal during prerut. Remember they will be bedded down early and late. But the bucks will be looking.

If you have a stand near a bedding area? I would recomment that stand. The acorn flat will be hit hard all night.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

Where u at in Alabama? Ill be out there hunting a lease north of tuscaloosa for the christmas break? I hope i didnt miss the show already!
With the full moon it will effect the deer movement. Sit as long as you can, and be rede for it at any moment.. it dont take but a few seconds
Old 12-06-2011, 03:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

With the rut all bucks sometimes move all day looking for does...

During a full moon if I make adjustments then I try to move close to bedding areas or hunt during the middle of the day...

I will say, this time of year stay in the woods as much as you can...
Old 12-06-2011, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Stand hunting has limiting factors this late.
Stalking or still hunting has limiting factors but is the probable best chance of seeing Mister Bucky-doo this late.
Stalk those areas remembering the wind, line of sight and bedding area orientation. Those bucks and does will be watching downhill, wind at there side or backs and will offer only one direction of weakness. Discover that direction and be slow. Then, be slower. Glass when you're not moving, gun ready when you are.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

if it is a full moon hunt at night.