Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Trying to get back into hunting, have questions. >

Trying to get back into hunting, have questions.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trying to get back into hunting, have questions.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Spike

Default Trying to get back into hunting, have questions.

Hello, I have a question about getting back into hunting.
I started hunting when I was 13 and went till about 16 only seeing 1 deer in those years, never actually getting anything. I will be 24 by next years archery season and I would like to start again as I always enjoyed it, I was just discouraged, young, and craving some kind of result. Now that I have my own means of gathering information and transportation I'm willing to give it another go.

I live in PA

My question is I'm not sure where my little orange hunters safety card is anymore and I don't have any of my old hunting licenses, is there any way to prove I have went through the course or do I have to go through the course again?

Thanks for the help
Old 11-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome back!! Contact your state fish and game. They may have a record. Here in TN you have to buy a license every year unless you have a lifetime one. Again, I would start with the fish and game.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Spike

I believe your by using your drivers license number when you buy your license is all you have to do. At least thats how it is in Michigan.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

in maryland you have to send a letter and wait about a month to get it back
Old 11-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Here in PA you don't need that hunter's safety card anymore. All you need is a driver's licence. Back when you went you needed that or your old licence, not anymore. Get back out there.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

welcome back good luck getting your card.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting takes a lot of patients and time,now that Your older You may do better out there Hunting,the main thing is to enjoy the Outdoors and Wildlife and not to put a lot of pressure on yourself to get a Deer,another thing to learn is to stay as scent-free as possible and hunt the wind so You can be more succesful!

Glad to see Your back Hunting....make it more enjoyable and it will be a lot more fun the second time around!
Old 11-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Spike

Thanks for all the replies and information, and yea I'm sure I'll enjoy it again. I'm really looking forward to archery. I work in the IT field and deal with advanced equipment and every type of person you can imagine, so just getting out and away with a bow and arrow seems appealing and rewarding to me.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

taking the course again wouldn't be a terrible idea, maybe talk a friend into it too, if you must retake.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

in new york once you buy your license one time you are permanently in "the system." after that you need nothing but your drivers license.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.