Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Did I scare the deer off?!?

Old 11-19-2011, 04:24 AM
Spike

Thumbs down Did I scare the deer off?!?

In a ground blind in SE Nebraska right now and the group of deer I saw from last weekend to mid week just don't seem to be around! Monday I took a 300 yd crack at the dominant buck and he even came back Wednesday, but couldn't get him off his doe. It has been windy the past few days, but it's like someone flipped the off switch or something. The bucks were chasing hard, and it was very hard to get them to stop and give a good look. Is it the weather? Was it my shot? Is it just chance? What made my deer stay away right before the end of the season/crunch time?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hard to say, coulda been anything.Weather, something you did, the does might have just moved on, etc...During the rut they do some strange things.They might be right there still and just not moving or moving at night.They might have figured out where you were and just walked around you.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

It could also be that the Buck is locked down with a Doe and is busy tending Her....keep at it and maybe hunt in the thicker brush or woods?This warmer weather and high-winds have been making the Deer Hunting a lot harder!