Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

anyone heard of this?

Old 11-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Question anyone heard of this?

Me and my step dad have permission to hunt land in west virginia. Our county borders the county in west virginia. Its gonna suck to have to pay for an out of state license, but my dads friend claims that if you live on a bordering county to another state, you can use your states license instead of buying a non resident one.

Sorry if it seems a little confusing, just wondering if anyone knows if this is true or not

Thanks
Old 11-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Not that I have ever heard. Check the manual, or call and ask. You don't want to get caught doing this if it isn't legal.
-Jake
Old 11-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, absolutely NOT true. You have to buy non-resident license. I am in the same boat...I live 4 miles from the WV border and hunt both. Even if you OWN the land in WV, and live in the county next to it in VA....you are a non-res.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the info bud. what county do you live in? im in augusta and hunt in pendleton