Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Man dies after struggle with deer in N.E. Indiana.... >

Man dies after struggle with deer in N.E. Indiana....

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Man dies after struggle with deer in N.E. Indiana....

Old 11-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is very sad for the family of this deer hunter. Dispatching a deer with a knife is just a bad idea. My buddy and I happened to come across an injured deer on our way to our stands one evening. He decided to whip his knife out and finish her off. He did, but the struggle left him with a deep cut on his finger and he almost lost it. Right then and there I decided I would always just noc another arrow and shoot again if need be.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by chazspot
This is very sad for the family of this deer hunter. Dispatching a deer with a knife is just a bad idea. My buddy and I happened to come across an injured deer on our way to our stands one evening. He decided to whip his knife out and finish her off. He did, but the struggle left him with a deep cut on his finger and he almost lost it. Right then and there I decided I would always just noc another arrow and shoot again if need be.
I am a taxidermist and about once every other year I get a deer where as the hunter cut the throat to kill the animal. Besides always ruining the cape it just plain dumb. Like the hunters trying to be Rambo or something. I had one hunter say "can you mount it so I can still see were I cut its throat. I just looked at him and called him an idiot to his face.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NJheadhunter71
I am a taxidermist and about once every other year I get a deer where as the hunter cut the throat to kill the animal. Besides always ruining the cape it just plain dumb. Like the hunters trying to be Rambo or something. I had one hunter say "can you mount it so I can still see were I cut its throat. I just looked at him and called him an idiot to his face.
and told him to leave. Do it once and all of his other DA buddies seeing that mount will want it as well.