Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Ohio deer hunter faces $28,000 fine >

Ohio deer hunter faces $28,000 fine

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ohio deer hunter faces $28,000 fine

Old 11-16-2011, 03:45 AM
Spike

Default Ohio deer hunter faces $28,000 fine

This deer is a monster!

His story is he shot it on private property, and it ran and died on railroad property. I guess only he really knows...

http://m.sanduskyregister.com/bellev...ous-27850-fine
Old 11-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Spike

very nice deer. not enough info for me to comment on the rest though!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

Great buck for sure..

Hmm
“I hit it good,” Risner said.

He saw the deer leap away, losing the arrow sticking out of its neck.

Hit it good, arrow sticking out of its neck.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would think the dnr should at least have to prove he shot the deer on the said land. case closed. everyone knows what a buck, or doe even, can do after they get shot. big buck like that bolts and never looks back.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by onion721
Great buck for sure..

Hmm

Hit it good, arrow sticking out of its neck.
i laughed at that too.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

They should let it go. I wouldn't even want to fine someone that much if they shot a world record buck standing in my front yard. It would be illegeal but $30000 can ruin someones life easy. To make it worse they can't even prove it.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

It's funny how each state takes claim to these deer and they are worth so much money. But call them after you hit one in your car and ask for some help and see how they treat you.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah this is your typical jerk offs that plague all the dnr offices in every state I would like to know where there come up with the bull**** prices they put on antlers,I would send a letter back to the DNR with an IOU dirty sonsa......
Old 11-18-2011, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

He says he pleaded no contest to a charge of hunting without permission because his lawyer convinced him it was an inexpensive way to take care of a citation from the Division of Wildlife
He plead no contest on the advice of his lawyer.The restitution laws been in effect since 2007, about a 5 year old law.He knew he had shot a world class buck.I dont know if he was innocent or not but I would say he had a really lazy lawyer who didnt look into any of this before he gave his client some really bad advice.

So if any of you were being railroaded on a case involving an animal of this size on what really boils down to no evidence of wrong doing how many of you would make what essentially boils down to a guilty plea?

I mean really anyone could have hung a stand and put a bait pile in there, he already told them his deer ran into the property which makes the DNA evidence pretty much obsolete, so why plead no contest?He tried to take the easy way out and now its gonna cost him $27,000, a once in a lifetime deer, plus his hunting and fishing rights within the state. I have no trouble believing his story as I have had similiar experiences of wounded deer making it into a nieghboring property, but I am having a little trouble feeling sorry for him, if your not guilty dont take the cheaper and easier way out.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by petasux
He plead no contest on the advice of his lawyer.The restitution laws been in effect since 2007, about a 5 year old law.He knew he had shot a world class buck.I dont know if he was innocent or not but I would say he had a really lazy lawyer who didnt look into any of this before he gave his client some really bad advice.

So if any of you were being railroaded on a case involving an animal of this size on what really boils down to no evidence of wrong doing how many of you would make what essentially boils down to a guilty plea?

I mean really anyone could have hung a stand and put a bait pile in there, he already told them his deer ran into the property which makes the DNA evidence pretty much obsolete, so why plead no contest?He tried to take the easy way out and now its gonna cost him $27,000, a once in a lifetime deer, plus his hunting and fishing rights within the state. I have no trouble believing his story as I have had similiar experiences of wounded deer making it into a nieghboring property, but I am having a little trouble feeling sorry for him, if your not guilty dont take the cheaper and easier way out.
yeah, i was tellin my ol' lady he was probably guilty, why would you plead no contest...rule 1, if yer not guilty, plead NOT EFFIN GUILTY!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.