Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

gonna barf

Old 08-16-2003, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default gonna barf

If I see one more ranch hunt on t.v I think I' m gonna barf.These shows are getting stupid when they can take a ten year old child out and kill 160 -180 class bucks.I just watched buckmasters and I think those guys should be ashamed of themselves.Why don' t these guys try to harvest their deer under fair chase.Anyone can shoot a deer on one of those food plot ranches.When are we going to see some more shows like primos or fitzgerald outdoors.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: gonna barf

them guys arent even hunters....to me atleast....to me thats not hunting......thats killing....i dont care how big their deer are they arent trophys to me......my 6pt scrap rack is more of a deer then anything they kill....theres more to hunting then killing a big antlered deer.....sure thats nice.....but when i do it it will all be fair and square...ive seen hunts on tv that the animals actually had tagged ears!!!!!! its just stupid they think they are hunters......thats the kinda thing that makes us real hunters look like murderers.......i want to see a REAL hunting show......opening day of PA rifle season on public land...youd have tons of action....youd show a real hunt with other hunters shooting ect.....and they can take a doe instead of a huge buck......id LOVE to see that.....that would be a great hunting show imo...something real..........
Old 08-16-2003, 10:22 AM

I agree with both of you, this isn' t hunting. Mauser, your idea of the PA opener is a good one, that would show people what hunting really is about. I am tired of having them get a big deer everytime, it is not that easy, not even possible under " real" hunting conditions. It disgusts me[:@][:@][:@]
Old 08-16-2003, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

I agree completly! Those " hunts" are riduculous more like " shooting" to me, particularly Jackie Bushman on Buckmasters....what a goon! Nothing like " hunting" in SW Texas in a high-fenced ranch under a feeder with a siren attached to it everytime it turns on!

Check out the Drury Brothers videos and show, they seem very real to me as they show their failures as well as their successess. They seem pretty real to me.

clattin
Old 08-16-2003, 05:31 PM

all i got to say that is the best video i have seen in a while is summits thats huntin3
100% fair chase. in the video they where huntin in southern tn preety close to me but don' t no where they was.they also hunted in kansas and canada all bowhunts.they where shootin little 4 pointers little spikes and there were some preety decent deer they took to but not monsters.they was hunting under acorns trees on ridges for small bucks. i like the video. the only hunt i did not like was the bear hunt in canada hunting over bait pile. but did not shoot big bear. awesome video. got for free when i was at tenn deer expo.
Old 08-16-2003, 05:33 PM

If you get the " American Hunter" from NRA, September edition. Read page 12. It talks about the decline of hunting and forces acting to injure the " vulnerable hunter" . It is a good read, and these Cable shows need to start taking this to heart. I am so sick of seeing those programs, I don' t watch anymore. They used to be something to watch, but is now becoming just another landscape in the " vast wasteland" .
Old 08-16-2003, 08:56 PM

Sure they arent getting out and doing what MOST of us do, scouting, and just generally putting time in to find a good buck. But what you need to realize that they wouldnt sell as many videos, have as many viewers for their shows, sell as many products due to the fact that they " worked" for them, if they took the AVERAGE deer. They hunt the Farms/Ranches because people wont want to watch them take an Average deer. Sure WE want to see that because WE are hunters, but, what WE want is not what is going to sell. [:-]
Old 08-16-2003, 11:52 PM

WHunter is right, who in the hell would want to watch 10 Carhart cladded " Bob Smiths" chase forkhorns on their 50 acre lease in PA???

Personally, I think Buckmasters is, was and always will be a JOKE but at least they did the right thing and actually took a youngster hunting even if they are setting him up for dissapointment when he spends the next 20 years looking for a buck bigger than the one he shot when he was a kid!

Fitzgerald??? That crook, poacher? The only thing I would like to watch him do is be sentenced for 10 years as T-bones " bunk muffin" . He is a DESPICABLE example or " ambassador" for hunters. " Just passin thru" boy those were some REAL classy productions there Bob...

Drop em where they stand!
RA
Old 08-17-2003, 04:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don' t mind these shows. In fact I enjoy seeing those deer. As others have said who would want to watch someone chasing spikes?
Although I will probably never take a giant buck, I do like seeing them.
One thing that these shows have taught me, is more respect for the " average" hunters trophies!
Also seeing some of the Yo-Yo' s at work, that could not hunt their way out of a paper sack! Yet, spending huge amounts of money and putting trophy deer on the wall. I don' t mind them doing that either. The point is, you can BUY a trophy! And in that regard, I have more respect for Bubba' s hard earned 6 point, than their B&C trophies!
Old 08-17-2003, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

You have to remember that a lot of these guys are trying to make a living with their videos and TV shows. The sponsors, where the money comes from, have little interest in shows that feature does, spikes or fornhorns. The money is in the trophy animals, and if it takes going to a couple of pens to get enough film for their shows that is what they are going to do. An exception to this would probably be Ted Nugent, he shoots small bucks, does and usually they have their head in a pile of corn or buck grub.

Quick Reply: gonna barf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.