Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Old advice has served me well: >

Old advice has served me well:

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Old advice has served me well:

Old 11-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default Old advice has served me well:

Let me share something a vietnam vet told me when I was 13 back in 1972. He told me Eddie when you are shooting at a target whether it is a rabbit, a deer or just a target. Concentrate as hard as you can on THE TARGET but DO NOT aim at the target aim at a small dot maybe the size of a flea or a marble depending on how far you are.

Shoot at the dot do not shoot at the deer/target. Let me tell you this has been the best advice anyone has ever given me when it comes to shooting.

If you see a shooter buck coming concentrate with all your might at that little flea on his vitals. Dont look at the deer not even the body just concentrate on that little speck of a target. Get the deer outa your mind. Make sure the mechanics of the shot are all correct either squeeeeeeeeze the trigger or reeeeeeeeelease the release let the shot surprise you all the while concentrating on the speck on the vitals.

My friend you wont miss another buck if you do this to the T.
Some call it aim small miss small I call it shooting to kill. I have shot over 143 bucks and 71 does since the day he told me to start doing this. I have never lost a deer or missed a deer with a rifle and if your a good bow shot this should help.

One thing this does is that it makes you concentrate on the shot. No time to get nervous or get buck fever. As soon as you see the deer and ID it as a shooter buck. You go into automatic and execute the process just remember pick out a speck the size of a flea and I am telling ya shoot the flea not the deer.

Good Luck.