Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Wife killed her first Saturday! >

Wife killed her first Saturday!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wife killed her first Saturday!

Old 11-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wife killed her first Saturday!

Well, she has been hunting for a few years now, but with being a kindergarten teacher, her time in the woods is quite limited. We went out Saturday morning, though, for the opener of muzzleloader, and at about 9:00 she drilled a small 6 pointer! Made a perfect shot, tracked it all by herself and even helped with the grunt work to follow! She understand that from now on, the grunt work to follow is hers to do, and she is still excited about getting the opportunity to go out again. It was a good morning!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats. My wife missed her 2nd in two years on Saturday. Hopefully she gets one soon so I can get back to my own hunting.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
Well, she has been hunting for a few years now, but with being a kindergarten teacher, her time in the woods is quite limited. We went out Saturday morning, though, for the opener of muzzleloader, and at about 9:00 she drilled a small 6 pointer! Made a perfect shot, tracked it all by herself and even helped with the grunt work to follow! She understand that from now on, the grunt work to follow is hers to do, and she is still excited about getting the opportunity to go out again. It was a good morning!

might outta re-nig on this...take it slow, next year let her cut off a few limbs, pull the skin down the back...small steps....gutting an animal can totally change the perspective of hunting for new hunters. let em know you will always help them gut their catch ...relieves them a lil..
overall, congrats to her with a muzzy too
Old 11-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Picture please,I and others enjoy seeing a smiling face and the trophy that brings the smile.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Spike

Congrats to your wife.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
might outta re-nig on this...take it slow, next year let her cut off a few limbs, pull the skin down the back...small steps....gutting an animal can totally change the perspective of hunting for new hunters. let em know you will always help them gut their catch ...relieves them a lil..
overall, congrats to her with a muzzy too
I understand...however, she has already begun doing some of this stuff. She doesn't mind the skinning and butchering too much, just not a big fan of field dressing. She has been helping me over the last couple of years though. Makes it take me longer, but she has wanted to help.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a picture. Six pointer with a funky right side...wonder if it may have been hit by a car at some point. Either way, a great first!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 11-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

Awsome congrats on a fine buck.