Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Frustrating

Old 11-11-2011, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been seeing a few bucks now but it sure dont feel like the rut around here. 3 days ago at one of my stands apparently one doe was in heat, there were 7 different bucks in that little pocket of trees that day one of which was a shooter and another I would have considered at this point.

They all used a trail about 60 yrds behind my stand and went on into the adjoining property.Later that morning I moved my stand back 20 yrds off that trail {when they took the corn out it changed thier travel route} and since that day I have only had one small doe and one small forkhorn come through.I even added a 4 ft ladder extension to get me high enough to have a good view of about 1 1/2 sq miles of land surrounding my stand area.The entire bunch has just dissapeared from the area including the does.

Took the time this morning to just drive around and glass several areas.These areas generally hold 20-30 deer per sq mile at this time of year as they bunch up and goto cover , I saw exactly 4 deer all together, only one buck, he was a decent 10 pointer with about a 20 inch spread but short tines and not a lotta mass.He chased a doe into a wildlife refuge bordering some public ground I might try tonight.