Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Winchester Partition Gold or XP3 ? >

Winchester Partition Gold or XP3 ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Winchester Partition Gold or XP3 ?

Old 10-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Winchester Partition Gold or XP3 ?

Looking on Winchester's website, I can't find the Partition Gold slugs page. I've shot these shells for what seems like 10 years now? I love the slugs - accurate at long ranges out of my Ithaca.

It looks like the XP3 slug is a replacement?

Anyone shoot the XP3? Anyone know if the Partition Golds are being phased out?

I have a new Browning A-Bolt shotgun to sight in here sometime in the next month (gotta buy a scope first) - and if the Partition Golds are on their way out - I might start with the XP3's if they're as good or better than the Partition Golds.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Spike

If your asking about Partition Golds (2.75 & 3) in 12 ga. They are still available. I've been shooting them since last year. They get pretty hard to find this close to general firearms season. Here's the link: http://www.winchester.com/Products/s...es/SSP123.aspx
Old 10-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Average Joe
If your asking about Partition Golds (2.75 & 3) in 12 ga. They are still available. I've been shooting them since last year. They get pretty hard to find this close to general firearms season. Here's the link: http://www.winchester.com/Products/s...es/SSP123.aspx

Bingo. I just couldnt find it on their website. Must have been blind...

I've been shooting these since the year after they came out. I seriously think its been close to 10 years now. lol I know since at LEAST 2003 - and I know I have 2 big bucks on my wall from them.

True story - on a 50-yard "follow up" swing shot while my buck was running, I shot through a tree - and the shell entered & exited the buck using the Golds. They pack a helluva punch..
Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Phone problem. Double message.

Last edited by wernerjd; 10-31-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

They are an awesome round. I have shot two deer over 200 yards and dropped them. I also like the Hornady SST.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

Shot both while sighting in my new A-Bolt shotgun, don't think I could tell the difference to be honest...