Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bow only!!

Old 10-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Spike

Default Bow only!!

To us, there is nothing more rewarding than getting your whitetail close enough to hit him with an arrow. Tell us your story of your favorite BOW ONLY hunt and why you will alway remember that "one".
Old 10-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

the one that sticks out in my mind the most i didnt even kill a deer. it started early in the morning pulled up to the field got my bow out got sprayed down walked to the tree stand. witch is in a big draw with a 160 acre crp field right next to it. as soon as i stepped up to the stand a covey of quail busts up all around me in the dark i about sh*t my pants. finally i got calmed down and figured out what was happening. i got in the stand got everything put up and harness on. sat back closed my eyes and relaxed as soon as it started getting light i hear a deer and look down and could just see something under my stand. i leaned back and waited for it to get light. as soon as i could see i looked at the deer and it was a young 6pt i watched him for a little while.i look down the draw and see a little fawn coming out. she walks straight up to this little buck and bits him in the butt then runs off. the little buck puts his head back down to eat the corn and here comes the fawn again bits the buck in the butt again and takes off down the draw. the little but snorts at it puts his head to continue to eat and the fawn comes back yet again for the third time. now this buck has gotten smarter he waits until the fawn gets right behind him and he mule kicks her right in the chin then chases her off. now the neat thing is when he comes back he walks right to my stand turned his head a little and puts his head between my steps on my stand and rests his head there for about 10 mins.