Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Help me target more deer, arial image >

Help me target more deer, arial image

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help me target more deer, arial image

Old 10-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Help me target more deer, arial image

I hunt a 20 acre ravine, its mostly trenches and such. Ive out lined my area with a pink line, yellow dots are areas Ive seen deer/ have pictures of them/ or hunt. Blue lines are creeks, or low areas. I only archery hunt, its thick down there. Seen some bucks lately on camera mostly at night. It connects to the interstate and a powerline (at bottom of pic)... I believe these deer can travel far, but I know I have some residents on camera mostly does. Trying to target some bucks, I dont know where they bed, if they even bed near my spots. Most rub lines, or migrations are along the creek channel areas. I have some dense under brush in there too, lots of acorn plots, etc.. Any info on this ariel would help thanks.

Last edited by louie6014; 10-15-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Is that green area on the right side of the pink box a pond or a field clearing?
Old 10-16-2011, 02:31 AM
Typical Buck

I would imagine once the rut starts to pick up you should see bucks coming down the creek where they are rubbing.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My View: As poor as it is

Very close to homes; needs a fairly hidden hunter entrance and exit. Some folks talk a lot, even if no hunters are present in the area; new ones could come.

No deer I know appears at a precise place at a precise time. Small plots mean waits that can turn up nothing all day. Be sure not to depend on it entirely. A small place can be a hit or a miss. Patience and endurance are part of hunting. They don't sell those with the bow.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Green area is a pond, I know most everyone on this street, no one cares Im down there, and the guy that owns the land/ other guy owns the pond are good friends of mine. Ive been down there 3 years now off and on, see alot of deer, like stated its hit or miss and I spend lots of days not seeing anything... Its a funnel area.. and has a huge pipe under the road that deer actually pass through..
Old 10-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by louie6014
Green area is a pond, I know most everyone on this street, no one cares Im down there, and the guy that owns the land/ other guy owns the pond are good friends of mine. Ive been down there 3 years now off and on, see alot of deer, like stated its hit or miss and I spend lots of days not seeing anything... Its a funnel area.. and has a huge pipe under the road that deer actually pass through..
It might be a good idea to set up were ther enter, and exit the big pipe.
JMHO