Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Scents

Old 10-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Spike

Default Deer Scents

Anyone ever use Deer Dander or Jackie's Deer Lures?
Old 10-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used Jackie's many years ago without any results
Old 10-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Spike

Thanks, was gonna try Jackie's this year!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

+1 on the Deer Dander!!! Love the stuff. Usually keep 5-6 bottles on hand, 2 in my deer clothes bucket, 1 in my back pack and 1 in my scent lok pants. The rest stay on the shelf at home and get traded out as needed. I have seen deer walk down the same path as I had earlier and not even become alarmed. Had a 120"-125" 8ptr last year lick the screw in steps of my lock-on and I have that on my cell phone camera. You can hear his teeth clanking on te step. Made his get a real goofy look when they clanked!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Fork Horn

I have used deer dander but not the jackies. Deer dander smells just like a deer. I love it. I spray it all over myself and then when i get to my spot, spray a little in the trees or brush around me. It's about the only deer scent I have had luck with other than trails end by wildlife research.