Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Deer Feed Favorite?

Old 10-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Spike

Default New Deer Feed Favorite?

So over the summer, I aquired ducklings from Tractor Supply just for fun and keeping them as pets, since they are captive bred for their eggs and poultry. So I bought the correct food and all in bulk since I would be keeping them for a while, 3x 50 pound bags of special poultry food. So they grew up, got HUGE and were way too much of a resbonsibility for a 14 year old to care for going through High School so I ended up selling them to a farm nearby. But I still had a HUGE amount of Duck Feed left. So being a whitetail deer hunter, I thought I'd go ahead and put some of the Duck Feed out for the deer that always show up in our backyard. First night of puting the feed out, the deer ATTACKED the feed. They completely destroyed every last pellet of the duck feed. I was pretty suprised, So I went ahead an put some more out at my hunting property with a trail camera on a tree right over the pile of feed. Left the camera out for a week, got 217 pictures of deer. Mostly does, a bunch of spikes, a few 4 pointers, two 8 pointers and a drop tine 9 pointer. Also got some raccoons and bear. So I'd like to let you guys know that you HAVE to try this stuff! Its called DuMOR Poultry Grower/Finisher. Its a few more bucks than a regular 50lbs bag of corn but the Deer LOVE IT! Heres the TractorSupply.com Link:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/livesto...50-lb--5078171

Last edited by AdamTheHunt; 10-12-2011 at 03:02 PM.