Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Want more confidence in the stand? >

Want more confidence in the stand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Want more confidence in the stand?

Old 10-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Want more confidence in the stand?

I have got to tell you, after a few years deer hunting I finally made a decision that has really made my hunts more enjoyable.

I bought a safety harness and will ALWAYS wear it now. My thoughts were, I am just hunting in ladder stands.....no big deal. Well they are still 15+ feet from the ground. I purchased mine this fall and this weekend I wore it each time hunting. It just makes me feel so much more secure in the stand AND so much more comfortable knowing I will return home to the wife and kids!

With all the $$ we throw away on the latest and greatest gadget for deer hunting, spend a $100 on something that protects YOU. It only takes a minute to put on each time, trust me they are worth it!

Have a Safe Hunting Season!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

Good post. Law of averages, if you hunt often it's not a matter of "if"; it is a matter of "when" you will fall.

VA
Old 10-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

I feel the same way, I bought the Gorilla exo-tec after the factory supplied harnesses kept coming undone while in the stand, best thing I ever did for myself.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Spike

Such a great post i had the same thoughts when purchasing my HSS. Why let what you enjoy hurt others and that is exactly what it would do if you fell from a 15ft treestand some people have even been know to die from it. Anyway i got one with the reversible blase orange and i have tell you when wearing it in the stand you feel so much more comfortable you can lower your guard a little and just enjoy the woods instead of worrying about them all the time. and as an added bonus it help you stand up quietly i just put a little pressure on the HSS as i lean forward and then push with my legs off the seat no more hitting the metal treestand with my metal bow release better for the noise discipline all around i have found my HSS to be an outstanding tool with a lot of great features.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

I have a Summit "Seat o' the pants". It is the most streamlined harness I have ever worn. I personally do not like the vest-style harnesses. It is the easiest harness that I have found to get on in the dark when I'm going to the stand in the morning before first light.